Image - Image....its critical
Posted by: Geoff ()
Date: December 01, 2000 10:29AM

I wanted to start this thread seeing as I was the cause of all the arguments about Giuffria's new look by saying I thought it looked cool.

Firstly whether we like it or not - image is the critical factor in music being successful or not. This explains why 2 bands with basically similar music can experience different levels of success. The "image" degree of "visibilty" etc of one act can jettison it to higher levels of success than another which may even have superior music. Its all just marketing. The entertainment industry is about marketing products (instead of say coco-cola its bands or artists). Read the book "High Visibilty" for a more detailed explanantion of how the entertainment industry works.

p.s. I do think Giuffria looks cool - hes a businessman now. And for the record I think rock stars should look like rock stars. While Giuffria looks great for the business world - I wouldn't want to go an see a band that looks like average "joes". They are rock starts and should look the part.

p.p.s. it IS great to see a former musician doin' well for himself. You hear so many depressing stories about ex-rock stars......its great to see a success story. I would like to hear any more if people know 'em.

thanks
G

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Image - Image....its critical73 Geoff 12/01/2000 10:29AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.