Stone Festival, great music but a poor event
Posted by: Benno ()
Date: April 22, 2013 01:57PM

Shambles putting Buckcherry on so early in the day, the stands were barely half full until Jimmy Barnes went on, that and it rained on and off for most of the day and quite heavily at times. But, most of the bands killed it on stage so it was well worth it for the price.

And to the person who suggested he'd be fourth row in front of EVH, I hope you weren't disappointed you didn't get a seat but I trust you pushed your way to the front anyway :-)

Buckcherry nailed their set albeit a short one

Noiseworks wasted their set on obscure tracks and one new song, and dedicating "No Lies" to the prime minister was an epic fail and really spoiled it for me

Living End were typically sensational, always love their work live, played a few tracks from the White Noise album which kept me happy

Kings of Chaos were sensational, I had no idea who they were until some random dude I was talking to at the Indie stage mentioned some names, so I scampered back to the arena and watched Duff, Gilby Clarke, Matt Sorum, Steve Stevens, Glenn Hughes, Sebastian Bach and Joe Elliot tear the place up, frickin' great fun! Sebastian's still a dick lol.

Jimmy Barnes is boring as batshit to me so I took the opportunity to hit the food and beverage kiosks minus the queues and watched from the stands. He put in maximum effort as always and played a couple of tracks I do in fact enjoy, but yeah was happy to much out in the relative comfort of an undercover seat.

Aerosmith were awesome, loved it, plenty of tracks from Pump, Get A Grip and Nine Lives and the "Dream On" encore was epic. Loved it.

Van Halen...well I've seen too much of their recent tour on YouTube to not know what to expect so I just settled in to watch them do it in the flesh. The sound mix was appallingly loud (unless it was just where I was standing) but they kicked arse, loved Wolfgang's work, the drum solo was unnecessary but EVH kept his solo tight and concise. Dave was Dave, 'nuff said.

All up a great day out despite the fact I was fighting the flu and the incessant rain, oh and the mid-strength beer at 7 bucks a pop, man that shit is disgusting and way overpriced! Cest la vie.

Anyone else go/dig it/hate it?

Cheers and beers

Benno
\m/

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Stone Festival, great music but a poor event484 Benno 04/22/2013 01:57PM
Re: Stone Festival, great music but a poor event 336 Andrew 04/22/2013 02:56PM
Re: Stone Festival, great music but a poor event 271 MSL 04/22/2013 04:44PM
Re: Stone Festival, great music but a poor event 287 Benno 04/22/2013 05:45PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.