Frequency Unknown
Posted by: Probie Sheen ()
Date: April 22, 2013 07:35AM

Maybe they should get a set of ears to find the frequncy Kenneth!

Ok, after on spin this album is a mix bag for me. First I want to state the there is NO WAY this can be confused for a true sounding Queensryche album.

Only 3 tracks grabbed me on this spin that I liked:

Give It To You
Life Without You
Everything

The rest don't sound like they were finished being written or have fallen through quality control with haphazard chorus' that never reall go anywhere or music that sounds like the noise my 6 year old nephew puts together for a concert LOL

This album is clearly rushed and sufferes greatly for it. No amount of remixing will help get these songs ready for a true release.

Now onto the re-recordings. The ONLY complaint I have is the horrendous backing vocals. The music on the tracks sound very faithful except for Rudy's need to hit the strings hard on Jet City Woman when he should be more delicate. Geoff sounded fine given his age and the fact these songs were originally recorded over 20 years ago. The only song he shouldn't have attempted is Silent Lucidity because he tried to sing in the same key as he did 20 years ago and he really can't nail that vocal passion anymore. He should've attempted Eyes Of A Stranger instead.In the end, I'm not 100% convicned he needed to release these at this time

As for the album, I will give this a few more spins incase there's a "grower" in th mix but for the most part this should've been an EP and not a full album release and definately not under the QR name!

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Frequency Unknown454 Probie Sheen 04/22/2013 07:35AM
Re: Frequency Unknown 142 Terry K. 04/23/2013 05:30AM
Re: Frequency Unknown 156 Probie Sheen 04/23/2013 07:23AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.