RIP - Ross Bolton (studio guitarist, teacher at MI in LA)
Posted by: Laurent ()
Date: April 08, 2013 04:54PM

Ross Bolton, who toured for many years with Al Jarreau, suddenly passed away on 30 March at the young age of 54. Very few details are available, but he seems to have been suffering from an unknown/undisclosed disease.

Ross was a very good all-around player, and although he was not as well-known as Luke, Landau, Huff or Thompson, he was a highly respected musician, clinician and teacher.

I had the pleasure to meet him once at NAMM 2008 during the rehearsal and after-show party for the Yamaha Groove Night, and had a few CDs signed. He was very gracious, and made me feel very welcome. I was a fan from his days with Jarreau, and had seen him live several times. Very funky and tasteful player indeed.

This is another very sad loss. RIP

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
RIP - Ross Bolton (studio guitarist, teacher at MI in LA)458 Laurent 04/08/2013 04:54PM
Re: RIP - Ross Bolton (studio guitarist, teacher at MI in LA) 283 toto rocks 04/08/2013 05:48PM
Re: RIP - Ross Bolton (studio guitarist, teacher at MI in LA) 157 Captain Can Man 04/09/2013 01:12AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.