Re: Last days here....documentary about....
Posted by: Fred ()
Date: April 02, 2013 02:54AM

I think it's cool if people keep chasing a dream. Unlike the other two posters I loved Anvil back in the '80's. At least their first three albums. After that it went downhill fast.

One big difference between the guys in Anvil and this wreck of a man Bobby Liebling, is that Lips and Robb stayed away from drugs, at least the amounts of drugs Mr. Liebling seems to have administered to himself. Another one is that since the movie came out, Anvil is able to use better producers again, which helps them in making better albums. Juggernaut Of Justice is no Forged In Fire but it's a hell of a lot better than the shit they released about 15 years ago.

Point I'm trying to make is that Anvil made it to a degree that they now can live from their music, something they never stopped dreaming of. I'm sure a lot of people on this board have worse jobs than that. Even when they were at their all time low, they still had jobs to finance their albums and earn a living. Next to his music Mr. Liebling has never done anything in his life besides drugs, 'living' in his parents' basement. Comparing that situation to that of Anvil's is comparing apples and oranges IMO.

Long story short, I agree that chances that Bobby Liebling will ever make it in music are very small. I don't agree that people should stop chasing their dreams because they've reached a certain age. Dreams can come true, even when no one believes in you. Having a plan B is never a bad thing though.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Last days here....documentary about.... 487 Alex 03/31/2013 06:00PM
Re: Last days here....documentary about.... 245 Michael Eaton 03/31/2013 07:45PM
Re: Last days here....documentary about.... 232 Snake65 03/31/2013 08:52PM
Re: Last days here....documentary about....144 Fred 04/02/2013 02:54AM
Re: Last days here....documentary about.... 146 Granicus 04/02/2013 03:22AM
Re: Last days here....documentary about.... 100 Addyeddy 04/02/2013 05:57PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.