O/T - In The Flesh [BBC3 TV programme]
Posted by: rocknut ()
Date: March 22, 2013 01:11AM

Did anyone else see the first episode? It's outstanding, and the best thing I've seen on British terrestrial TV since Luther.
To be honest, I wasn't expecting too much from it. I thought it would be slightly comedic [ for some reason...] but it's anything but.

The premise is that late teen boy, Kieran [who killed himself], became a part of an event called 'The Rising', where numbers of the dead rose from the grave. The reasons for the risen dead haven't been touched upon yet, but there is an antidote and the 'saved' undead [colloquially called Rotters, love the humour] are being reintegrated back into normal life.

It's really well written and observed, especially the back story to Kieran. Why did he commit suicide? His relationship with his younger sister [who is also a member of the HVF, Human Volunteer Force, who hunted and killed the zombies], his feelings of guilt for those he killed, his nightmare flashbacks and the coming to terms with being different. Not to mention the apocalyptic religious subplot and also the Undead Liberation Army that one of his zombie friends told Kieran about.

Awesome stuff.

If anyone is interested here is a link to the shows BBC website...

In The Flesh

Always takin', Always fakin', Ignorance is so frustrating.

"I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing...."

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
O/T - In The Flesh [BBC3 TV programme]470 rocknut 03/22/2013 01:11AM
Re: O/T - In The Flesh [BBC3 TV programme] 151 2littleangels 03/22/2013 01:52AM
Re: O/T - In The Flesh [BBC3 TV programme] 149 Al 03/22/2013 02:08AM
Re: O/T - In The Flesh [BBC3 TV programme] 135 rocknut 03/22/2013 02:11AM
Re: O/T - In The Flesh [BBC3 TV programme] 118 Lutty 03/22/2013 03:21AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.