O/T: If you like Al Green / Marvin Gaye.... Jeff Cascaro from Germany
Posted by: Laurent ()
Date: March 20, 2013 05:19PM

I discovered Jeff by chance six years ago, when his first solo album came out. What an amanzing voice! Jeff is a vocal coach at a music university in Germany, and he served as vocal coach for the German version of "American Idol".

He might not reinvent the wheel but he is a proud carrier of the Motown sound. The great thing about him is that he writes the vast majority of his songs. And they are all really, really good. Very groovy stuff.

Jeff is using only top notch German musicians on his albums. That would put me off normally, as the first thing I think of when disucssing German players is NOT "they must groove like Jeff Porcaro" :-) Well, they very closely do!

Jeff albums are really strong. His most recent one, "The Other Man" (2012) is a bit mellower. Still, the guy is worth checking out. Great, great, great voice. Very soulful. The music is brilliant. It is as if Marvin Gaye or Al Green were backed up by the LA Cats from the 80's, but with a modern sound.

If you are into soul music, this is an artist for you.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
O/T: If you like Al Green / Marvin Gaye.... Jeff Cascaro from Germany189 Laurent 03/20/2013 05:19PM
Re: O/T: If you like Al Green / Marvin Gaye.... Jeff Cascaro from Germany 87 Daredevil 03/20/2013 07:37PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.