Frantic Four (Status Quo) Live at Hammersmith
Posted by: OzzMosiz ()
Date: March 17, 2013 11:19PM

I attended the Status Quo (Frantic Four) gig at Hammersmith last night.
Walked in and caught warm up band "The Treatment" - they sounded pretty good. A young band singing new style rock. They were tight.

After much anticipation the mighty Quo came on stage. Francis, Rick, Alan & John. What a joy it was to seem them together, my first time seeing the original line-up (actually it's not the original line-up, but the era where they really burst into the limelight with their signature sound).

They kicked off the show with Alan singing 3 songs (Juniors Wailing, Backwater, Just Take Me). Alan had around 6 songs including Is There A Better Way, Roadhouse Blues & Bye Bye Johnny. Rick sang Little Lady, Rain, Railroad (with Francis) and 4500 Times (with Francis) and Big Fat Mama. Francis took lead on In My Chair, Blue Eyed Lady (what a treat to see this live), Most Of The Time (brilliant full version too), April Spring Summer And Wednesdays, Oh Baby (with Rick), Down Down & Don't Waste My Time.

The set was tight, heavy and slowed down (the fast playing, which has been a criticism of Quo live in recent years).

What a superb night, best I think I've seen Quo play in many many years.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Frantic Four (Status Quo) Live at Hammersmith810 OzzMosiz 03/17/2013 11:19PM
Re: Frantic Four (Status Quo) Live at Hammersmith 406 gary191265 03/17/2013 11:46PM
Re: Frantic Four (Status Quo) Live at Hammersmith 311 totobob 03/18/2013 04:34AM
Re: Frantic Four (Status Quo) Live at Hammersmith 286 Quo 03/18/2013 09:13AM
Re: Frantic Four (Status Quo) Live at Hammersmith 249 bionic 03/18/2013 09:21PM
Re: Frantic Four (Status Quo) Live at Hammersmith 268 Shade 03/19/2013 02:16AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.