My opinion/suggestion on re-records
Posted by: Snake65 ()
Date: March 17, 2013 10:37PM

I understand why a lot of bands do this. The labels get the lions share of money if the song gets picked up by adds, ect. But we have heard some terrible ones. Loverboy comes to mind. Yes they were live in studio but what company would use the new versions to the old? IMO if a band re records an album that sounded good by todays standard then it needs to be note for note the same. If its an older album that didn't sound good I say bands go the route of Judas Priest and KISS with there "live" albums. We know these were worked on a lot in studio and parts sung and played in studio. But these versions of the songs are what they should have been! The energy shows.

Of course it would be nice if labels that made a boat load of money off older artists made the money split more even...but then Hell would freeze over and Chazz Bono would be voted Most Sexy Man Alive by People magazine LOL

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
My opinion/suggestion on re-records348 Snake65 03/17/2013 10:37PM
Re: My opinion/suggestion on re-records 132 Addyeddy 03/18/2013 07:09PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.