WAYSTED Vices & SYP Re-issues, at last..justice is done!
Posted by: Scott ()
Date: March 15, 2013 05:30AM

...my copies arrived today. Having had over the last decade or so a slew of complete crap re-issues courtesy of a few naff record labels, who have a habit or re-releasing and re-packing stuff with crapola additional content (you know who they are)..these CHERRY RED label re-issues i'm glad to report, at last give us VICES and SAVE YOUR PRAYERS on a par with what ROCK CANDY have been doing! These are fabulous and well worthy of fans buying (again), and throwing away all that rubbish issued by you know who!

I'll take SYP: The remastering treatment is not solely about more volume (it is higher here), there's clarity, little subtleties within the recordings; backing vox, acoustic guitars, keys/piano, percussion and guitar tracks have better seperation and on top is nice warmer level of bass. You'll enjoy spotting things you hadn't heard or truly noticed before.

The packing is also ala ROCK CANDY. Fully restored art, USA art/cover is also included and allows you to flip the cover insert to suit your choice. Malcolm Dome essay over a 15 page booklet with loads of era correct pics, lots of reviews and cuttings, 45/12inch art and new interview quotes from the band. Well CHERRY RED...it was worth the money.

VICES - Just listening now. The original version sounds different, a little bit of the boom and echo in the sounds seem toned down. Again guitars layers are revealing things I had really heard or noticed. I'd say there's been a slight remix. ALSO included are the Maison Rouge mixes of 6 of the original 9 tracks. Great addition...worthy.

These guys have done the three McAuley Schenker CDs too..so i'll be having them too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2013 05:50AM by Scott.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
WAYSTED Vices & SYP Re-issues, at last..justice is done!388 Scott 03/15/2013 05:30AM
Re: WAYSTED Vices & SYP Re-issues, at last..justice is done! 254 backwhereubelong 03/15/2013 06:48AM
Re: WAYSTED Vices & SYP Re-issues, at last..justice is done! 212 danthecdman 03/15/2013 07:05AM
Re: WAYSTED Vices & SYP Re-issues, at last..justice is done! 190 Scott 03/15/2013 07:05AM
Re: WAYSTED the USA art for you 208 Scott 03/15/2013 07:12AM
Re: WAYSTED the USA art for you 200 backwhereubelong 03/15/2013 07:30AM
Re: WAYSTED the USA art for you 189 Scott 03/15/2013 07:55AM
Re: WAYSTED : Save Your Prayers 77 PJayBe 03/21/2013 01:39AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.