-U-F-O- Live London 5/3...
Posted by: Scott ()
Date: March 06, 2013 11:44PM

OK..I've given up moaning about the set-list. All you need to know is there wasn't a single 1980 - 83 period song, some of their best and most commercially successful records were with Paul CHAPMAN, and MOGG himself still states TWTWATI is one of is greatest works. So odd that yet again not one of the stompers from said record arn't aired. Oh well..

Would a -U-F-O- be complete without a screw-up? Had to happen, 10 seconds into opener Lights Out, Moore's guitar went..gone! They battled as Raymond covered things aptly, nearly to the end of the track when Mogg had word with each band member, turned to the audience as said "That was a monumental screw-up - lets do that again". From there on, great...

Positives: Probably the best ALL around performance I have seen from the Vinnie Moore era, though Pete Way is still sorely missing from the character/visuals of this band. The sound was immense, crystal clear, punch, power and volume where required. Mogg pretty much sang everything spot on, at nearly 70..wow. One thing is for sure, the SEVEN DEADLY and VISITOR material sounds 100% better live, slightly jigged and embellished. Its absolute proof that -U-F-O- must ditch their producer Tommy Newton, who fails to capture any of the oomph I heard last night. The songs sounded awesome..on records, they sound just so-so (I hardly ever listen to the Moore era records because of the production/mix). Wake up guys..

So, thunbs up for a great show. The only real changes to the set was VENUS and CHERRY are back! Great versions too.

Love To Love..feel the power!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6m-AdzKqn8

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
-U-F-O- Live London 5/3...297 Scott 03/06/2013 11:44PM
Re: -U-F-O- Live London 5/3... 178 rocknut 03/07/2013 02:38AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.