Re: W.E.T. - Rise Up (perfect example of how, you ruin good music)
Posted by: Hammerhans ()
Date: March 05, 2013 03:20PM

This album will have a vinyl release in late April. But I am not keeping my hopes up. Many new vinyls these days unfortunatly fail too in regards to loudness. I am not sure about "Rise Up" but if the master used for the vinyl printing is too loud aswell, then there is no gain in the vinyl. But I have ordered one, incase someone up the line has seen the light.

But really if it turns out bad too, I wont be surprised (Those people in charge of the vinyl release, that W.E.T or Frontiers are cooperating with "INNER WOUND", don't have a clue of what they are doing)

Because I got the debut on vinyl, and that one failed on multiple levels, not only was the master not good, it was on a bloody PICTURE disc vinyl!!! and that brings even more problems into the mix...

The thing with picture vinyls compared to regular black once, is that to get the picture on the vinyl itself, there needs to be printed a picture on it (obviously). This means a layer of paint on TOP of the vinyl.

Think of it as a thin sheet of paper over a backlit city map on the train station or somewhere. The paper would make it harder to see the actual streets. Same with the vinyl, the paint makes it harder for the stylus to pick up the actual groove formations in the vinyl, giving the sound a VERY annoying constant background noice. Sort of like a deep boom "buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggghhhh" So everytime the already horrible master gives the songs a little air, the background noice takes completely over. I dont need to tell you that, that record was on my turntable ONCE, and never again!

So I dont exacly have faith in those chumps that print the LPs for W.E.T. :/ But I am willing to give them one more chance, as I dont have any of their other LP releases besides the debut, and this one will be in standard black vinyl atleast. If that is because I wrote several messages on the W.E.T. page on facebook regarding the picture disc, I dont know. But its a step in the right direction.

Lets hope that, if not for the iTunes and CD versions, there might just be some hope in the LP edition. We wont know til it arrives.

Glad to see, I aint the only listener that is bothered by the mastering. I was not expecting folks to even reply to me. But perhaps you guys have been talking about the issue before. Atleast the admin of this site, Andrew, updated his scoring for album reviews some time ago.

There used to be a trend that every well played and written album that was otherwise good and had good songs, got almost equally good "sound" score. Which often made me think twice about, if this guy knew anything about the actual sound. If he was listening and reviewing on a laptop or some ipod headphones I could not really blame him for that. People always talk about high def when it comes to TV and movies, and 7.1 lossless surround in DTS. And demand quite a lot at times. People also know reasonably well about TV technology.

But I wish people would be more aware and demanding when it came to the most used entertainment media, music. I think people demand too little, when it comes to good sound.

I dont know how to fix the whole problem with too much loudness, but making people aware of the problem, and putting some pressure on record companies might be a way, aswell as making bands put additional pressure on and making them demand that their records be properly mastered, could be some steps to take, in overcoming the problem.

I live in a country where we dont have any big music labels, and demands are not the same as in say, the U.S, so most of the music that is made here is reasonably well mastered. But I would say that, someone like Andrew is in a good position to get in touch with bands in our beloved music scene here, and could get the message across, that this is a serious problem with the music they are releasing.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
W.E.T. - Rise Up (perfect example of how, you ruin good music) 989 Hammerhans 03/05/2013 06:27AM
Re: W.E.T. - Rise Up (perfect example of how, you ruin good music) 580 Hammerhans 03/05/2013 06:36AM
Re: W.E.T. - Rise Up (perfect example of how, you ruin good music) 630 Walk In The Shadows 03/05/2013 06:43AM
Re: W.E.T. - Rise Up (perfect example of how, you ruin good music) 554 backwhereubelong 03/05/2013 07:23AM
Re: W.E.T. - Rise Up (perfect example of how, you ruin good music) 520 Carl1 03/05/2013 07:38AM
Re: W.E.T. - Rise Up (perfect example of how, you ruin good music) 465 backwhereubelong 03/05/2013 07:42AM
Re: W.E.T. - Rise Up (perfect example of how, you ruin good music) 474 Figge 03/05/2013 08:03AM
Re: W.E.T. - Rise Up (perfect example of how, you ruin good music) 447 RAMSAY 03/05/2013 08:10AM
Re: W.E.T. - Rise Up (perfect example of how, you ruin good music) 395 gary191265 03/05/2013 09:54AM
Re: W.E.T. - Rise Up (perfect example of how, you ruin good music) 379 Snake65 03/05/2013 10:01AM
Re: W.E.T. - Rise Up (perfect example of how, you ruin good music) 336 RAMSAY 03/05/2013 11:10AM
Re: W.E.T. - Rise Up (perfect example of how, you ruin good music) 381 adolfo 03/05/2013 08:42AM
Re: W.E.T. - Rise Up (perfect example of how, you ruin good music)466 Hammerhans 03/05/2013 03:20PM
Re: W.E.T. - Rise Up (perfect example of how, you ruin good music) 319 Signal Fan 03/05/2013 06:53PM
Picture Discs... 271 gary191265 03/05/2013 07:20PM
Re: W.E.T. - Rise Up (perfect example of how, you ruin good music) 328 Scott Watson 03/05/2013 08:02PM
Re: W.E.T. - Rise Up (perfect example of how, you ruin good music) 193 backwhereubelong 03/06/2013 03:06AM
Re: W.E.T. - Rise Up (perfect example of how, you ruin good music) 129 Vic Rivera 03/07/2013 03:12AM
Re: W.E.T. - Rise Up (perfect example of how, you ruin good music) 104 Hammerhans 03/07/2013 12:30PM
Re: W.E.T. - Rise Up (perfect example of how, you ruin good music) 282 kaneudeck 03/06/2013 12:41AM
Re: W.E.T. - Rise Up (perfect example of how, you ruin good music) 205 backwhereubelong 03/06/2013 03:08AM
sounds fine to me 167 cookie 03/06/2013 09:52AM
Re: W.E.T. - Rise Up (perfect example of how, you ruin good music) 95 OzzMosiz 03/09/2013 12:06AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.