Beth Hart Live Glasgow
Posted by: totobob ()
Date: March 05, 2013 01:54AM

Eventually got to see Beth Hart last night in Glasgow and came away slightly underwhelmed. In the main the lady is absolutely sensational. What a voice and her versions of Ill take care of you and Id rather go blind, from her joint album with Joe Bonamassa literally raised the hairs on the back of my neck. They were worth the admition price alone. Her band were also very good, with her lead guitarist being exceptional. My gripes were with the choice of songs. She played absolutely nothing from My California which was very surprising given how good and how recent that cd is. Quite a few from earlier cds and in my mind not up to the standard of her more rcent releases. Secondly and I may be in the minority here but I didnt feel she engaged the crowd particularly well. Dont get me wrong, she did chat occasionally but I just felt there was a coldness and to me it looked as if she couldnt wait to get off the stage after the band took their bows. There may have been reasons for that and other peoples impressions may have been different so it would be good to here from anyone else that has seen her.
Ending in a positive, she is an amazing talent and it was a very enjoyable evening. I certainly wouldnt hesitate to go see her again if she toured the UK

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Beth Hart Live Glasgow232 totobob 03/05/2013 01:54AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.