Tremonti/Heavens Basement/Logan Manchester Sun 17th
Posted by: leftfield ()
Date: February 19, 2013 07:17PM

Didn't get chance until this morning to post a quick review of the show.
Have to say my sons and I had a great Sunday - watched the mighty Leeds get destroyed by an average Premiership side then over to the (HMV) Ritz to catch the show.
I have seen Logan 3 times before, twice supporting Alter Bridge and at a headline show in Sheffield. They are always excellent live but it seems they are destined to be lifetime openers. They have released some good product but just don't seem to progress. The fact they were selling a complilation anthology at the merchandise desk says it all really. They are a real honest hard-working band and they always take time to meet people after their set. 30 minutes flew by - a great performance.
As for Heavens Basement - jesus what a crock of shite. Spinal Tap for 2013. Are they serious? It's been done before so much better. I really couldn't fathom whether they were a very poor man's Steel Panther or if they were actually taking themselves seriously. 45 minutes of sheer hell for me. Totally shambolic and not a memorable tune or melody amongst them. Mind you they must have enjoyed it because we were the 'best f..kin audience in the world' Shame really as I try to find a positive but not here I'm afraid.
And so to Tremonti - played the full debut album plus 2 b-sides from the singles. Sublime - light and shade, brutal power and just a great show. For me, Mark Tremonti can do no wrong. His guitar playing is just great, his voice held up very well and he comes across as just a nice guy. There was a great vibe in the place and the band responded. Wolfie played amazing,did some backing vocals and seemed to really enjoy himself. My sons were blown away by seeing him perform.
So all in all a cracking day out, one the 3 of us will remember for a long time (especially the laughter about Heaven's Basketcase - 'f..k u motherf...')

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Tremonti/Heavens Basement/Logan Manchester Sun 17th305 leftfield 02/19/2013 07:17PM
Re: Tremonti/Heavens Basement/Logan Manchester Sun 17th 183 Gill 02/19/2013 08:00PM
Re: Tremonti/Heavens Basement/Logan Manchester Sun 17th 180 rocknut 02/19/2013 08:08PM
Re: Tremonti/Heavens Basement/Logan Manchester Sun 17th 168 Addyeddy 02/19/2013 09:51PM
Re: Tremonti/Heavens Basement/Logan Manchester Sun 17th 92 pgn111 02/21/2013 06:35AM
Re: Tremonti/Heavens Basement/Logan Manchester Sun 17th 77 machinehead 02/21/2013 07:47AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.