RE: Warrant & some thoughts on the rock
Posted by: Robert ()
Date: November 30, 2000 08:05AM

I heard recently that Warrant only has demos on the tracks that will appear on the next record. They will begin the actual recording process once a record deal is secured. Your opinion that Warrant should go the route of Marvelous 3, SR-71, and Lit style music is probably right. Warrant have always done best with light, bubblegum-type rock/pop. Their style would fit nicely with that sound. Besides, Jani is constantly claiming to be such great friends with the guys from Lit (aka Razzle), so it wouldn't surprise me if that's the road they will go down.

However, I wouldn't look for it to crack the top 10 anytime soon. The masses still have that bad taste in their mouths when you even mention bands like Warrant. For bands like Warrant to make it big now, it would take a monster image overhaul and possibly name change (ala Marvelous 3). You mentioned the recent comeback successes of Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, and Def Leppard. Let's face it, Warrant never even came close to that kind of popularity, and chances are they never will.

Robert

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Warrant & some thoughts on the rock 70 Ace 11/30/2000 05:29AM
RE: Warrant & some thoughts on the rock47Robert11/30/2000 08:05AM
RE: Warrant & some thoughts on the rock 46 Ace 11/30/2000 08:38AM
RE: Warrant are not "bubblegum pop/rock" 44 KAOS FAN 11/30/2000 11:08AM
RE: Warrant are not "bubblegum pop/rock" 49Robert12/01/2000 01:31AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.