Re: This is a really good song...
Posted by: karl ()
Date: February 09, 2013 05:26AM

I'm with Aussie Dave with this - I find the best albums that stand the test of time are growers and this album has been a massive grower for me - Only track I'm not sold on is the Taupin Co-write - Is It 'Weathering The Storm' - Swap that for the leftover track 'Backseat Driver' and a great album...... I hear a live band and actual playing off each other more than I have any Jovi album since 'Bounce' ..... The last Jovi album I really liked was 'Have A Nice Day' - 'Highway' was o.k for what it was but 'Circle' I really dislike now even though first few listens I liked it - Hate the effects/drum heavy mix and Jon's vocals are at his smoking voice worst ....
I had high hopes for the new one but of the seven tracks I've heard there's only one that I thought was pretty good. The rest sound like Jon is now just treading water - production is blander than bland and it's a pop production with no live band feel and questions over whether most of the band are actually on it (including Sambora on some tracks I guess.... Add in that Jon said earlier this week he struggles to sing high nowadays and the highest note on the album is a 'G' vocally maybe it's time to have a rethink .....
I no longer look forward to their releases anymore ....

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
This is a really good song... 446 Aussie Dave 02/08/2013 08:54AM
Re: This is a really good song... 245 Troy 02/08/2013 10:09AM
Re: This is a really good song...102 karl 02/09/2013 05:26AM
Re: This is a really good song... 100 Aussie Dave 02/09/2013 06:18PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.