ALTERNATE MIXES : I'm surprised this isn't happening more often!!
Posted by: Scott ()
Date: February 09, 2013 06:33PM

Well, this is the thing isn't it! Bands/labels are always looking to maximise sales within their target audience, especially as sales decline and its the hardcore that drawn into multiple buys (..NOT say that was GREAT WHITEs plan, but). How many of us buy a record and wish the guitars were pushed up higher, the mix was bigger sounding, not so dry.

I'm surprised this isn't happening more often. Make several mixes and offer up the options. In my own case, I have several records that were released, that a little while later were re-released with a new mix etc, and yeah..I bought them as in some cases they were better, in others not so. But I do enjoy having different mixes and choice. SOUL SIRKUS had two quite different versions of WORLD PLAY. DOKKEN did it with S/T 97 and later re-named/mixed DYSFUNCTIONAL. H.E.A.T with FREEDOM ROCK, people are quite adamant as to which one is better, the EU or the JAP version. UFO, WHITESNAKE and SCHENKER did this years ago with the US / UK versions of MISDEMEANOR, SLIDE IT IN and BUILT TO DESTROY. How many of us bought both? Every fan I know did!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2013 06:35PM by Scott.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Speaking about the GW "Elation" G. Tutko remix 280 adolfo 02/08/2013 08:44AM
Re: Speaking about the GW "Elation" G. Tutko remix 175 Troy 02/08/2013 09:04AM
Re: Speaking about the GW "Elation" G. Tutko remix 173 Daredevil 02/08/2013 06:07PM
ALTERNATE MIXES : I'm surprised this isn't happening more often!!91 Scott 02/09/2013 06:33PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.