Paul Raymond Project live last night.
Posted by: Scott ()
Date: February 02, 2013 07:34PM

The Borderline was pretty full with a great buzz. PRP took to the stage with plenty of cheer and a great infectious old school toe-tapping rock set ensued. The band featured three great young musicians on bass, guitar (great player.from Stampede) and drums. Rueben Archer was on vocals, and although (he admitted) was a little hoarse and raspy, and stuggled with a few parts, he was aided by Andy Dobbs (?) on backing. Nevertheless, he did a good job and had that old school presence so many youngsters just don't have.

Raymond showed last night just how good a player and writer he is, and in my opinion, SHOULD be way more involved with UFO's recent writing, production and overall direction. Listening to his own songs (from old and new PRP records), its more than clear he played a big part in the classic UFO light/shade, hard/soft with angular riffs and time changes.

Treats: opened with UFO's JUST ANOTHER SUICIDE!! It sounded brilliant live. We also got from No Place To Run TAKE OR LEAVE IT, LOVE TO LOVE, DOCTOR DOCTOR. PRP proved that people DO want to hear more obscure UFO tracks live. UFO...take note. We also got some SAVOY BROWN thrown in.

I hope PRP do more gigs, as this was on the money for me, and dare I say it...I prefer PRPs Terms And Conditions Apply CD over the last three UFO CDs, and live they were just as entertaining.

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Paul Raymond Project live last night.558 Scott 02/02/2013 07:34PM
Re: Paul Raymond Project live last night. 253 RAMSAY 02/02/2013 09:57PM
Re: Paul Raymond Project live last night. 226 marke63 02/03/2013 01:53AM
Re: Paul Raymond Project live last night. 187 Andy (London) 02/03/2013 10:37PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.