Son Of A Bad Man are done
Date: February 01, 2013 03:56AM

To our wonderful fans-

Let me preface this announcement by saying that we would not have lasted a year without the support of our friends, families, and fans. If I remember right, it was YOU all who funded our full length album one year ago. We have been pounding the pavement for the last 7 years and you all were the reasons for the smiles on our faces. So basically, do not put any of the blame of this announcement on your shoulders.

That being said, it kills me to say that we have come to the end of the road for "Son of a Bad Man", at this time and place. There is absolutely no bad blood between us and this split is not due to creative differences.

Furthermore, Brad Moxey and I have decided to focus on separate endeavors at this time. He will be the new drummer for the hardcore band, Evergreen Terrace. We could not be happier for him and this opportunity. Moxey is like a dog who needs a big backyard. For anyone that has seen that man shred those drums, you will know that he couldn't have found a better band to let loose for. Please lend him and Evergreen Terrace all the support I know you're capable of giving.

The road for me will be a little different. I (Shawn) will be focusing on writing for other artists and my duo project, Flagship Romance. I personally and professionally need a change in my life. Also in an attempt to take my career to a different level, I am planning on eventually relocating with Jordyn to either Los Angeles or Nashville. I need to be immersed in a city of culture and go where the "work" is, so to speak.

Please note that the above endeavors were not the reason for the split. Think of them as fluffy pillows that made the fall easier.

The songs that I've written with SOABM will always be at the tip of my tongue and the bottom of my heart, so expect to still hear me sing them in the future.

As for Brett and Jordan (Popp), they are both extremely talented individuals so expect to see them begin new projects here in town as well in the near future.

I would not trade the experiences I've had in the last 6 years with SOABM for anything. There are definitely things I would do differently if I had a second chance. But guaranteed second chances don't lend themselves to learning experiences.

Thank you all so much for your undying love. I hope you can extend that love to each individual member as we all try to figure out how to make it in this crazy industry.

Hope to see every single one of you at our farewell show at Jack Rabbits on March 2nd. More details coming soon.

♥ SOABM

One of the projects Shawn Fisher is doing is with his girlfriend. Really nice tune here. Quite different from SOABM.

http://flagshipromance.tumblr.com/music

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Son Of A Bad Man are done300 Walk In The Shadows 02/01/2013 03:56AM
Re: Son Of A Bad Man are done 148 MIKE 02/01/2013 04:39AM
Re: Son Of A Bad Man are done 107 nursenancy 02/01/2013 03:10PM
Re: Son Of A Bad Man are done 76 Chazz 02/02/2013 01:40AM
Re: Son Of A Bad Man are done 79 Walk In The Shadows 02/02/2013 03:09AM
Re: Son Of A Bad Man are done 95 Coco 02/03/2013 06:12AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.