stats
Date: January 08, 2013 12:10PM

Thankfully it looks like no lives were lost in Tassie so far but now it's the rest of the east coast's turn with major fires/risks along inland NSW, Victoria and QLD.

We won't know for sure for a day or so but it seems there's some amazing stats that are about to be released. It's predicted that Australia will have it's 2 highest average temperature days in history two days in a row (yesterday and today).

For the first time in history it's expected that the average temp across the entire country/continent (something like 80-85% the size of the USA) will be above 40C which to me is an amazing stat...........and 2 days running.

Another interesting stat I heard the other day was that during the Black Saturday fires here in 2009 - which got within a few kilometres of me- the death toll from the fires of 173 (and of course thousands of properties) was dwarfed by the almost 400 who died from heat related illness.

Stay safe (and cool) everyone

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2013 12:17PM by the ORIGINAL brent.

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Fire in Tasmania 526 grimbsel 01/06/2013 05:38AM
Re: Fire in Tasmania 424 Andrew 01/06/2013 09:44AM
stats125 the ORIGINAL brent 01/08/2013 12:10PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.