Re: Danny Vaughn complete spring England/Scotland live dates
Posted by: aorchappie ()
Date: December 24, 2012 08:11AM

Mick, i don't think the artists themselves get too involved in the booking of gigs and tours. It's mainly left to promoters who obviously ring around various clubs and offer the artist for a set fee.

The main problem with regards to where an artist plays nowadays is simply down to the venues. If a club owner doesn't think they are going to make money on the night then it gets turned down.

Leet2607 i cannot speak for the clubs down south, but if a club isn't confident enough of pulling a crowd big enough to cover the artist fee, then they simply cannot book them.

From my own personel experience some bands are just too expensive for clubs of a certain size. I know that a touring act has to know how much money is coming in to make the tour viable, but it seems gone are the days of bands/promoters having enough faith in the act they are promoting to help out the struggling smaller clubs by offering a ticket split or door deal or even to hire the club themselves for a small fee and take all the ticket money.

Some promoters are great and try to balance out the cost of a tour as a whole, then the bigger cities are paying slightly more for an act leaving a little negotiation for the smaller clubs to have a go. But what usually happens is that all the clubs get offered the act for a flat fee regardless of venue size or location, take it or leave it.

I can tell you (truthfully) that the club i am involved with does it's best to support original live music. But the reality is that an established tribute act will be more profitable to a club than taking a chance on an original act that will not pull half as many people.

Factor all of the above with the country still trying to get out of a recession, people are being more careful with what money is around and picking what gigs they can afford to go to. I know loads of local people that would love to go to every gig that their local club is putting on, but simply cannot afford it even if it is within walking distance of home!

I'm very much looking forward to Danny's gig, but from the other side of the fence, i know it will not be plain sailing to make it a profitable gig.

Scott.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Danny Vaughn complete spring England/Scotland live dates 492 Woody 12/22/2012 06:05AM
Re: Danny Vaughn complete spring England/Scotland live dates 259 Leet2607 12/22/2012 06:18AM
Re: Danny Vaughn complete spring England/Scotland live dates 216 Lutty 12/22/2012 07:50AM
Re: Danny Vaughn complete spring England/Scotland live dates 224 mick2112 12/22/2012 08:23AM
Re: Danny Vaughn complete spring England/Scotland live dates 210 Leet2607 12/22/2012 08:58AM
Re: Danny Vaughn complete spring England/Scotland live dates 197 MCFCTrick 12/22/2012 09:03PM
Re: Danny Vaughn complete spring England/Scotland live dates 224 mick2112 12/22/2012 09:54PM
Re: Danny Vaughn complete spring England/Scotland live dates144 aorchappie 12/24/2012 08:11AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.