Re: Anybody ever tried out the AT-1 (andy timmons) pick ups?
Posted by: Chazz ()
Date: December 10, 2012 08:33PM

Hi Alex

Yes, I have the AT fitted on my Blade Durango, mahogany body, maple neck. Its a very detailed pick up with a lot of variable tone from using the volume knob, very good presence and certainly cuts through. (Note - Andy Timmons uses a mahogany Ibanez with maple neck and the pick up is specifically voiced for this combination)

Played through my Carvin Nomads it works really well both direct into the amp drive channel, or through a Zoom & Digitech modelling pedal into the clean channel. Not a lot of pick ups achieve this, they either don't drive the tubes well enough for rock or distort the modelling pedal. Its a medium gain pick up, with high gain presence and detail.

Tone wise, think of a less harsh and more flexible JB. The only other pick ups I've found that can play effectively through both modelling pedal and the amp drive channel are Carvin C22 & J22 humbuckers.

There's a few You Tubes with them fitted on all mahogany guitars and they sound pretty tasty that way too. I'm not sure they would be as nice on ash and alder guitar body guitars, but then I don't like JBs on these woods either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2012 09:01PM by Chazz.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Anybody ever tried out the AT-1 (andy timmons) pick ups? 274 Alex 12/10/2012 07:54PM
Re: Anybody ever tried out the AT-1 (andy timmons) pick ups?182 Chazz 12/10/2012 08:33PM
Re: Anybody ever tried out the AT-1 (andy timmons) pick ups? 140 timstar 12/10/2012 09:07PM
Re: Anybody ever tried out the AT-1 (andy timmons) pick ups? 131 Alex 12/10/2012 09:50PM
Re: Anybody ever tried out the AT-1 (andy timmons) pick ups? 95 Chazz 12/11/2012 05:18AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.