Rock for Anne charity event
Posted by: SecurityMark ()
Date: November 25, 2012 12:34AM

Slowly recovering from the charity event last night.

Quite a good turnout of I believe about 350, raising money for two cancer charities. All 5 bands were very good.

Night by night - was looking forward to seeing them as many had recomended and they put on a great opening set with some strong songs.

Hell to Pay - last minute addition to the bill and a revelation. Both guitarists were extremely good and they had a great modern rock sound but with twin guitar harmonies played more in an EVH style. Definitely a band to keep an eye out for.

Serpentine - polished as usual and looked like they were really enjoying themselves. Looking forward to the 3rd cd

Tigertailz - first time I've seen them. Jules fits in really well and they put in a great energetic set.

Ten - sounded fantastic and included Valentine in the set which I hadn't heard live before. Dan Mitchell is some guitarist.

After the bands there was a auction and I bagged a signed portrait of Satriani.

All in all a great night for a very worthy cause.

Off to see Magnum and Trillium tonight but think I'm gonna give my liver a rest.

Cheers

Mark H

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Rock for Anne charity event311 SecurityMark 11/25/2012 12:34AM
Re: Rock for Anne charity event 137 Dave Crompton 11/27/2012 01:34AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.