US Election Day Purchases
Posted by: ROB D ()
Date: November 07, 2012 12:35PM

As is my tradition every year at this time, I head out to the NYC Area's mecca for HARD ROCK/METAL/AOR, VINTAGE VINYL in FORDS, NEW JERSEY...
This Year's purchases???

JIMI JAMISON-NEVER TOO LATE: I have slavishly purchased all of Andrew's 100% ratings for the past few years, not sure yet if I think this one is deserving; it may take a few more listens but I can tell you this, Jimi, as usual sounds phenomenal and it looks like yet another winner for Erik

BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION-AFTERGLOW: As Glenn has stated, the majority of these tunes are from a solo album he shelved and it shows, they have the "Glenn Solo Album feel" all over them. That being said, it's a more varied sound than the first two studio releases, a bit more melodic as well. The performances are what you'd expect; Glenn sings his ass off and Joe, Derek and Jason are in typical top form... Another winner from BCC I think, and I hope not their last!!!

ISSA-CAN'T STOP: Like last year when I picked up THE MAGNIFICENT, I bought this one on the blind. I haven't yet heard Issa's first two but I like what I hear on this one. She sounds amazing, I think her voice is perfectly suited for AOR and Alessandro does a great job with the production; in fact very similar sonically to the recent HARDLINE. I would love to see Frontiers do more of these types of "covers" projects, especially with male vocalists. A very pleasant surprise, this one!!!

Now it's on to watch the election coverage... Go Obama!!!

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
US Election Day Purchases403 ROB D 11/07/2012 12:35PM
Re: US Election Day Purchases 252 Kent Bates 11/07/2012 01:57PM
Re: US Election Day Purchases 223 pjs 11/07/2012 06:25PM
Re: US Election Day Purchases 179 Steve_Roamer 11/07/2012 08:22PM
Re: US Election Day Purchases 170 Daredevil 11/07/2012 09:23PM
Re: US Election Day Purchases 151 Laurent 11/08/2012 12:20AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.