Walking Papers (Duff MacKagen)
Posted by: Someone-else ()
Date: November 07, 2012 04:44AM

Has anyone else heard this album? Fairly low key band built around multi intrumentalist Barrett Martin (Screaming Trees, Mad Season) and Jeff Angell with Duff on bass on a few tracks. The cd is great, blues rock with nice, sleazy lyrics.

Saw them in Manchester last night - great gig with only about 100 watching. Apparently it was their first gig to last more than 45mins, and they rehearsed three new songs in soundcheck. Barrett is one hell of drummer, and Jeff was a great frontman, singer and the sole guitarist, and the band was rounded out by a keyboard player. They was good humoured banter between the four of them, making jokes about the last minute nature of the songs, and one had be re-done at the end due to Duff self confessing that he messed it up first time.

All members of the band were out for autographs after, and I got my picture with Duff after telling him the GNR were the first band I saw and that was nearly 20 years ago!

Opening were Buffalo Summer, who were impressive, and I bought their cd. Shame Gun had to pull out, as that would have made a great night better.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Walking Papers (Duff MacKagen)393 Someone-else 11/07/2012 04:44AM
Re: Walking Papers (Duff MacKagen) 248 rocknut 11/07/2012 04:52AM
Re: Walking Papers (Duff MacKagen) 168 robaich 11/07/2012 05:24PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.