Richie Sambora last night gig in Munich
Posted by: rarock ()
Date: October 14, 2012 05:02AM

It is a rare occasion to see Richi Sambora play solo show. He had a tour in 91, then in 98. Who knows when will be next one ? So it made no problem I to drive 7 hours in one direction to see that gig. The location is a special one, Circus Korne. It round. although for the show only half of circle was for seating, but most of seats are very near to the stage.

Richie played a lot of songs from last record, 8 of them. On the record the problem is the use of distorted vocals on rock songs. That was no problem live, as he was in a good voice, and the crowd surprisingl was very involved on all of the new songs. singing, clapping and dancing.
ALso on the record, there are ot that many guitar solos. No problem live as he added almost every songs with longer guitar improvised solos. He was sweating all show and one could see that he is very focused on the show.

During fallen from graceland a fan run onto stage. Richie was in no panic, but offered him the mike and the guy sang few verses and even encouraged the crowd to join him.

The highlight of the show was probably 10 minute version of I'll be there for you. As soon as the richi played first guitar notes form that song, crows went so loud and crazy that the band stopeped for few seconds. And the ending to that song went on and on with the crowd singing OOO ohhs .

Richie also added some covers, mostly from the Beatles.

Richie tweeted later that he "left his heart on the stage" and based on the performance it is very true. I was not the only one saying after the show this was one of the best live shows I saw.Only drawback was only one song from great Stranger CD was played.

If you have a chance to see him, don't miss him, he will move now to UK and USA.

Setlist, Duration 2hours 15 minutes:
1. Burn The Candle Down
2. Every Road
3. Nowadays
4. Takin A Chance On The Wind
5. Stranger In This Town
6. Weathering The Storm
7. Sugar Daddy
8. Learning How To Fly (Broken Wing)
9. Hungry Heart(Springsteen odlomek)/I'll Be There For You
10. Hard Times Come Easy
11. You Gotta Hide Your Love Away (Beatles Cover)
12. You Can Only Get So High
13. Fallen From Graceland
14. Who Says You Can't Go Home/Wild night(Mellencamp cover)

ENCORE:
15. Wanted Dead or Alive
16. Golden Embers/Carry The Weight/The End (Beatles/Doors Covers)
17. These Days

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Richie Sambora last night gig in Munich724 rarock 10/14/2012 05:02AM
Re: Richie Sambora last night gig in Munich 333 marke63 10/14/2012 08:21AM
Re: Richie Sambora last night gig in Munich 285 frytzsdmf 10/14/2012 06:02PM
Re: Richie Sambora last night gig in Munich 299 rarock 10/14/2012 07:31PM
Re: Richie Sambora last night gig in Munich 265 Laurent 10/14/2012 08:23PM
Re: Richie Sambora last night gig in Munich 277 froggy 10/14/2012 08:25PM
Re: Richie Sambora last night gig in Munich 294 rarock 10/14/2012 09:23PM
Re: Richie Sambora last night gig in Munich 150 Laurent 10/15/2012 04:45PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.