Email from Keith Semple re:
Posted by: Denver DeSeranno ()
Date: October 04, 2012 08:22AM

To all my fans,

I would like to take a moment to personally inform all of you about a decision I have made regarding my musical career. After much thought and incredibly careful consideration, I have decided to resign as the lead singer of 7th Heaven. I have offered to finish out the year with the band so my last public show will take place on December 31st, 2012. I realize this announcement comes as a surprise to many of you, and it most definitely is not one I have come to lightly.

It is important to me to show my gratitude towards the people I have worked with for the last 6 years, so I would like to start out by thanking everyone involved in the foundation that is 7th Heaven. Our staff, past and present: you guys have not only made my life easier over the last several years, but everyone else in the band as well, and I’m sure I speak for the guys when I say, “Thank you for all that you have done and will continue to do.” The band: It has been an honor and a privilege to play with some of the best musicians in Chicago. I have enjoyed every second of our time together, and I will always be proud of the accomplishments we achieved as a band. Mark- your likeability and performance as a bass player are one of the greatest around, and I always enjoyed the random little riffs you would come up with on stage. Michael- your creativity behind the kit and meticulousness for your performance make you an incredible drummer and I enjoyed writing together. Nick- I have always loved your style of playing and admired your talent and perfectionism. Richie- your passion and dedication for what you do is highly admirable. I would like to thank you for extending an offer to me to join your band 6 years ago and giving me opportunities I could not otherwise have back home.

The 7th Heaven family as a whole has been a huge part of my life, and I will always be grateful and thankful for the times we shared together. Everybody was always nice to me and helpful in getting me on my feet when I first moved here. We have all created many fun and exciting memories to look back on that I know I will never forget.

As it stands, the plans that I envision for the future of my career have drifted from the vision of 7th Heaven. I am now 31 years old, and it is incredibly important to me to move forward in achieving my dream of notoriety and mainstream dissemination of my music that I set out to do when moving to the U.S. Although I am proud of our collective achievements the past six years, my personal aspirations are taking me down a new path. My own music has always been my priority, and for 6 years, it has only occupied my spare time. I am excited to bring this goal back to the forefront. Between May and September, it is nearly impossible for me to work on my music due to the hectic schedule. Further, since moving here I have gained a close network of friends and family. I am humbled by 7th Heaven’s popularity, yet the sheer volume of our shows prevents me from participating in personal events. This is something I have taken for granted in my life the last few years.

I have selected a group of musicians to be the new members of my band, SEMPLE, and during the next few months I will introduce each member. Since we’ve started practicing together, I have had the chance to hear many of my songs performed live for the first time, and it has only solidified my desire to let my music be heard. It has also given me a sense of elation and contentment that I have been missing for too long. My musical style is a departure from what we are performing as 7th Heaven, and it is time for me to look in a new direction.

Working with my new band has been a refreshing change of pace. They are four nice people who are highly talented at what they do, collaborative, and open to constructive criticism. With my own band, I empower my career and what ultimately happens to me. Yet we have a common goal and mutual determination that is fueling us. Thus, we share and listen to ideas, we take initiative and when needed, we compromise.

I am confident that all of the fans will love my new band; not only for their impeccable musical talents, but also for their personalities, style, passion and drive to succeed. I am incredibly excited to share my new adventure with the world. If anyone has come out to an unplugged show over the years and has seen me perform any of my original songs, then you know firsthand how passionate I am about my music. This is my dream and I am finally in a position to make it come true. Everybody in life at some point has a dream, whether it’s to be an actor or an athlete or even a doctor. For one reason or another, our dreams often slip away from us. I have worked my whole life to make mine a reality and I am determined to pursue it. I love playing the Chicago scene – should the future dictate my success is limited to this region I will be comfortable with that. Knowing I tried my absolute hardest, and did everything I possibly could to achieve the success I want provides that comfort. And knowing that from here on out, I will be playing my music the way that I want it to be played will make all the struggles worth it.

There will be many big announcements and lots of information coming out over the next 3 months. So if you are not already a fan of mine on Facebook and would like to be kept in the loop, please go to my page and “like” me - www.facebook.com/sempleband - as you will no longer be able to keep track of my career through the 7th Heaven sites. The best way, though, to stay informed and up to date on what I will be doing from here on out is to join my fan club at www.keithsemple.net. The basic membership is free and will get you on the mailing list to receive notifications and information pertaining to the launch of my new band, Semple. The platinum membership is a yearly fee of $19.95 and it will give you access to VIP events, presale tickets, early access to shows, and many other exclusive events with me as well as with Semple.

I hope everyone is as excited as I am! I can’t wait to finally share my own original music and creative liberation with everyone. I look forward to finishing out the remainder of the year with 7th Heaven and seeing all of your faces in the crowd singing along to the medley and all of your other favorite songs. I will then turn to 2013, when I can finally show the world the truest definition of my being.

Thank you all for your love and support, and I cannot wait to see you at the first Semple show next year!

Love,

Keith Semple

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Keith Leaves 7th Heaven... 2677 JJ 10/03/2012 06:33AM
Re: Keith Leaves 7th Heaven... 606 Woody 10/03/2012 06:40AM
Re: Keith Leaves 7th Heaven... 576 Jimmy Lawrence 10/03/2012 07:05AM
Re: Keith Leaves 7th Heaven... 534 Andrew 10/03/2012 09:21AM
Re: Keith Leaves 7th Heaven... 446 Jimmy Lawrence 10/03/2012 01:53PM
Re: Keith Leaves 7th Heaven... 425 Andrew 10/03/2012 04:52PM
Re: Keith Leaves 7th Heaven... 445 mike1990 10/03/2012 07:18AM
Re: Keith Leaves 7th Heaven... 436 jaysw 10/03/2012 08:21AM
Re: Keith Leaves 7th Heaven... 341 G3LesPaul 10/04/2012 10:37AM
Email from Keith Semple re:430 Denver DeSeranno 10/04/2012 08:22AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.