Re: WASP - Blackie's Religion
Posted by: Tony Bainbridge ()
Date: October 01, 2012 10:25PM

From a metal rules interview with Blackie (sorry about formatting):

Let's talk about your new album, "Unholy Terror" a little bit as for starters. As for its lyrics, you have chosen to deal with more serious subjects this time around like religion, politics, sociology, human relations and so on. What were actually your main inspirations to write about such topics for this album in the first place?

Well, I was in the church until I was almost 18. People don't know that bout me that I was very religious when I was growing up. And nobody made me go; I went because I wanted to go. But when I got to be about 18, I started to looking for answers that I couldn't find. And I became very discouraged and I was very confused. And so... (!), I left the church and went to study the occult for three years. So, I went to one extreme to the other. And at the end of 3 years I realized that I had changed from one organized religion to another. And so I stopped doing that and I went for many, many years. I was still confused, walking all the time paranoid. I didn't know why I felt like I felt. And I started realizing one day that... (?) - because I have a very good knowledge of the bible, I NEVER remember reading anywhere in the bible where it says: "Go make war to another people... go bomb abortion clinics...". I NEVER read anywhere in the bible that there's a guy in Italy that tells me that I can't meet on Fridays. Y'know, I NEVER read any of that on there. And I realized then that what had happened to me! For years, I walked around; I thought I was a mad guy. That wasn't mad guy - that was mad at man!! For the institutionalization that has happened to my thinking, y'know!? There's an indoctrination that comes down and an organized religion that does "disturb(?)" people. And I wanna be really clear: I'm NOT attacking at an individual faith; this about an organized religion and their versions of what THEY THINK the bible says. And that has become dangerous because most people fall into the category like I did. They didn't think for themselves; they go along with whatever has been taught. And THAT IS dangerous!! And it's not just religion either; politics and governments are famous for doing this to their people. What you've seen on television on the news, is usually only what your goverment wants you to see. So that too, IS dangerous! So the whole idea of "Unholy Terror" is, DO NOT LET that happen to you what happened to me. Think for yourself, find your own answers, find your own truth! And you�ll be a lot of happier...

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
WASP - Wolves 570 cookie 10/01/2012 06:44AM
Re: WASP - Wolves 339 Wardy 10/01/2012 11:51AM
Re: WASP - Blackie's Religion 407 jamesrock 10/01/2012 05:00PM
Re: WASP - Blackie's Religion281 Tony Bainbridge 10/01/2012 10:25PM
Re: WASP - Blackie's Religion 246 jamesrock 10/01/2012 11:27PM
Re: WASP - Blackie's Religion 227 Purple 10/02/2012 12:01AM
Re: WASP - Blackie's Religion 102 soldierofthenight 10/03/2012 04:43AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.