The new Yngwie album
Posted by: Steve, Denmark ()
Date: November 28, 2000 05:08AM

I read the review of War To End All Wars on this site with great interest. Yngwie has been my favourite artist since 1986 and I regard him as the most consistently good exponent of guitar-driven melodic metal around. OK, Alchemy was pretty duff but he´s never turned in two dud albums in a row.
Until now.
Andrew´s 28% rating is generous. There are 3/14 songs that are quite good - about 21% by that mark. The production is as lousy as everyone says it is. The songs are generally bad, the lyrics laughable, the solos unmemorable for the most part. Considering how talented Malmsteen is, WTEAW is a disaster and a tragedy. Any newcomer who bought this as his first album of Yngwie´s would never visit the back catalogue. Since the new label has just spent a fortune re-releasing a bunch of older albums into the American market, that is a disaster in marketing. Neither the management or the record company should have allowed this to be released in its present state.
The maestro really has to wise up and start listening to the opinions of others before his career disappears up its own rear. Yngwie needs good collaborative songwriters/producers to bring out the best in him. I really, really hope that someone in his record labels or his management can get this across.
I am extremely disappointed.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
The new Yngwie album83Steve, Denmark11/28/2000 05:08AM
RE: The new Yngwie album 60Jake11/28/2000 06:58AM
RE: The new Yngwie album 63 Mats 11/28/2000 06:13PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.