RE: Here we go again, LOL!!!!!!!!!1
Posted by: Don ()
Date: November 28, 2000 11:42AM

ADOLFO wrote:
-------------------------------
Please, I need information about SR-71 and Nine Days. I love Journey and pure AOR music but I love too bands like Neve and Mars Electric.
How is SR-71 and Nine Days comparing with other groups?

Thanks

Hi Adolfo,

Right now I'm grinning like a maniac. Your post is quite timely. If you look back a little at some of the posts from last week, you'll find a lot of discussion about some of these new bands (and SR-71 in particular). In a nutshell, IMO, both bands about which you are enquiring are worthwhile. Personally, though, I REALLY enjoy the SR-71 album. The first two tracks, "Politically Correct" and "Right Now" (the latter of which is the "big hit" from the album, used in a movie soundtrack, apparently) sound a fair bit like Marvelous 3/Blink 182-type material. If/when you hear them, I think you'll agree that there's a definite punk influence in there. After that, I'd say that the rest of the album becomes smoother and more melodic. The vocals are often of the upper register sort, and the singer reminds me of the vocalist for the Norther Pikes. On another one of the tracks ("Non-Toxic"), the singer sounds fairly remniscent of the singer for the Outfield. Anyways, I found this to be a tight album with great, catchy, melodic songs, strong vocals, cool harmonies, and a fairly upbeat overall sound. IMO, it's definitely worth checking out.

The Nine Days album is another winner, IMO, but it differs in sound significantly from the SR-71 album. For starters, it's slightly more acoustic-driven. IMO, it has more in common with straight-ahead pop/rock music than many of the other "new breed" bands (which I find to be a little more punk-influenced). The songs are pretty varied in terms of their style and overall sound, and often contain some cool harmonies. Again, it's a worthwhile album, but it's different than SR-71. So, if it's a matter of buying one (or buying one first), I guess it depends on which overall sound you think is gonna be most appealing to you. My recommendation would be to go for the SR-71 album first, and then to pick up the Nine Days album.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
SR-71 and Nine Days. 81 ADOLFO 11/27/2000 09:24AM
RE: SR-71 and Nine Days. 55 AOR Mafia 11/27/2000 04:07PM
RE: SR-71 and Nine Days. 42Gav11/28/2000 07:56AM
RE: Here we go again, LOL!!!!!!!!!153 Don 11/28/2000 11:42AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.