RE: SR-71 (The Saga Continues...)
Posted by: Don ()
Date: November 24, 2000 01:13AM

"PS Don, IMO this is soooo much inferior to M3,"

...Well, I'll tell you what I've been doing: I've been starting this CD at track #3, "What A Mess." To me, the first two tracks are the ones that sound the most punk-influenced. They sound a lot more like M3, and Green Day, and Blink 182, etc. That's not a bad thing (and I do like those tracks), it's just that the rest of the album seems somehow different to me. The rest of the album seems more pop/AOR or whatever. But to me, tracks like "What a Mess," "Last Man on the Moon," and "Non Toxic" (which sounds more like The Outfield to me every time I hear it), "Another Night Alone," and "Alive" just sound sooo d@mn catchy. There are some killer melodies happening on this album. To these ears, this one fits in right alongside Vertical Horizon (who remind me a lot of R.E.M.) as being one of the coolest *new* things to be released in a long time. It's more mellow than M3, but that doesnt' bother me at all. Anyways, that gives you an idea of where I'm comin' from and how I'm listening to this album.

"but each to his / her own"

...Well, that's exactly one of the messages that I've been "preaching" since I arrived at this site. What's gourmet to me is bound to be a Big Mac to someone else. There really is no accounting for taste. And there shouldn't have to be, either.

Thanks for the feedback.
Don

p.s. - Am I goin' nuts, or can you also hear the similarites between Mitch Allen's voice and the singer from the Outfield's (in the song "Non-Toxic")?!

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
SR-71's general knowledge 84 Matt 11/23/2000 09:32PM
RE: SR-71's general knowledge 76 sfk kurt 11/24/2000 12:04AM
RE: SR-71 (The Saga Continues...)65 Don 11/24/2000 01:13AM
SR-71 question for anyone 99 Tom Krupa 11/24/2000 01:36PM
It was actually an independently released CD... 89Dave11/25/2000 03:47AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.