RE: Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Posted by: Stigma ()
Date: November 24, 2000 07:21PM

Album of the year? Yes sir, no contest!

Somehow the album reminds me more of an actual musical, on bits'n'pieces like the female sung ballads, there clearly are Andrew Lloyd Webber influences. And for those of you who like Webbers & Jim Steinman's 'Whistle Down The Wind', then 'Beethoven's Last Night' is the album for you.
The album has much of the drama of Jim Steinman's songs. While it doesn't match up to Steinman's musical 'Tanz der Vampire', I regard 'Beethoven's Last Night' as one of Savatages' greatest albums, alongside 'Streets'.
Standout songs for me are 'What Is Eternal', 'The Dream Of Candlelight' and 'Who Is This Child'.
I played the album to my mother, who loves musicals. She didn't like the heavy parts, but enjoyed the female sung parts.
Hell, it even made me go out and buy a cd of Beethoven's 9th.
I like the way they mix parts of Beethoven's music in the songs. Perhaps 'classic rock' is a way to describe the album.

In many aspects, classical music sounds great when rocked up a bit. Rainbow's 'Difficult To Cure' is the prime example (and I won't even mention Malmsteen's Paganini obsession).

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Trans-Siberian Orchestra 105 Rob 11/23/2000 05:20PM
RE: Trans-Siberian Orchestra 89 Andrew Paul 11/23/2000 06:26PM
RE: Trans-Siberian Orchestra 78 Rocker Chic 11/25/2000 01:42AM
RE: Trans-Siberian Orchestra 73 Andrew Paul 11/27/2000 06:32PM
Heh... No Pressure, Eh? ;-) (eom) 56 Rocker Chic 11/28/2000 06:26AM
RE: Heh... No Pressure, Eh? ;-) (eom) 82 Andrew Paul 11/29/2000 06:46PM
RE: Trans-Siberian Orchestra91 Stigma 11/24/2000 07:21PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.