Defending Dokken
Posted by: FANOF1982 ()
Date: November 24, 2000 07:24AM

I have to sorta disagree with you on the Dokken thing. I mean I agree that Don Dokken doesn`t sing like he used to but I mean "degenerating" is a bit harsh. The guy has a smooth and silky type of voice. I mean what do you want him to do, suck on helium or get kicked in the balls and sing 'Dream Warrior`s'? That`s not his real voice to me. That`s just the way many vocalist`s sounded in 1987 and he was probably just trying to fit in with the other singer`s of that time period. I mean I admit it would be great if he could hit all the high notes and stuff but his voice is just a lot lower now and plus he is getting older. I still think he`s an excellent frontman even though he does kinda just hang on the mic stand. I saw the Poison-Dokken etc....show and I thought they kicked ass. I liked the way Don was twirling the mic stand which I thought was kinda cool. Jeff Pilson rocks his ass off running around on stage and what is Mick Brown supposed to do? Stand on one foot, wave to the crowd, jump up and down and play drums at the same time? I mean I admit they`re a little on the boring side on stage but their music rocked big-time. Give the guy`s a break! I think if they record another cd it will be even better than 'Erase the Slate' with or without Reb Beach.
Oh yeah and you say Slaughter was better than Dokken? Yeah if you like the sound of cat`s being thrown into a meat grinder. Mark Slaughter cannot sing (never could) better than Don Dokken. He`s a whiner and a screecher, not a singer. Cock-rock attitude? Dana Strum is the epitome of attitude. Virtually everbody on that tour hates Dana Strum! And you also stated that Slaughter is classy? The only way a fan can get an autograph or meet the band is if they buy some sort of overpriced Slaughter merchandise. Yeah that`s real classy.
The only thing I agree with you on is Cinderella. I was never a big fan either but I thought they were excellent.

Defending Dokken,
Fan

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Re: WINGER-DOKKEN 103 Rocker Chic 11/22/2000 11:53PM
Re: Hey, R.C.!! 61 Don 11/23/2000 11:07AM
Kiefer's voice 62 SC 11/23/2000 01:44PM
Re: Hey, R.C.!! 64 Rocker Chic 11/25/2000 02:54AM
Defending Dokken69 FANOF1982 11/24/2000 07:24AM
Dokken rules!! 54 Francesco 11/24/2000 07:38PM
RE: Defending Dokken 63 Rocker Chic 11/25/2000 03:51AM
Ahh! HTML Run Rampant! 49 Rocker Chic 11/25/2000 05:18AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.