RE: Hope burns eternal...
Posted by: Don ()
Date: November 24, 2000 02:20PM

...or something like that (?!)

"I just might mail you tonight. Maybe. If I'm not too busy fondling myself in a drunken stupor. "

...Thank you so much for that lovely image! Well far be it from me to stand in the way of romance, LMAO!!!

"No, really I will, it's just that
my mailbox is flooded as bitch and Im too lazy to respond to everybody and Ive got some friends who are pissed off at me cause
Ive been AWOL.......lots 'o work."

...Okay, this I can relate to.

"Thanks for staying on my case......you probably do that to your students, too.....call them up, "Are you doing your homework, young Tommy?". :) "

...D@mn, you know me too well!!!! No, actually, I don't really go with that approach too often. IMO, it rarely works to help build responsibility.

"No, but really, thanks for insisting, I really appreciate it, I'll mail you......."

...Cool. It's just that the thing has been gathering dust in an envelope since the summer. All I need is a mailing addy and it'll be outa my way and into your hot little hands (there's that image again, LOL).

"Oh, and thank you for your input on The Clut, mate. (and everyone else, too)"

...The Clut? That sounds like an intimate part of a person's anatomy ;-) Geez, maybe I should moonlight and become your spelling tutor, ROTFLMAO!!!!!! Kant ewe jist sea itt? No, seriously though, no sweat. It's cool to think that I may actually have been of some help to someone out there. With regards to the Cult, I noticed all of the references to punk music in other peoples' responses. I know where that's comin' from, but I still wouldn't let that color your decision re. whether to get it or not. In their overall sound these guys are light years away from the Sex Pistols or Green Day or Rancid or the Dead Kennedys or whatever else might come to mind when that term is thrown around. Ian Astbury (sp?!) has a REALLY unique voice and Duffy's guitars are sooooo danged crunchy (in sort of an AC/DC kinda way). That, combined with unique songwriting makes this a great band. I am sure that you'd like at least some of their stuff. And you'll probably find that you recognize some of it too (esp. "She Sells Sanctuary," which our DJ service still plays at dances fairly regularly). Enough of my ranting - you've just gotta get a copy!!
Cheers.
Don

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
The Cult? 90Jack11/22/2000 04:04PM
RE: The Cult... 71 Don 11/22/2000 06:41PM
RE: The Cult... 62 Adam 11/22/2000 06:55PM
RE: The Cult... 65 Stimpy 11/22/2000 09:20PM
RE: The Cult... 57 Rocker Chic 11/22/2000 11:48PM
Don't give up hope......... 78Jack11/24/2000 06:46AM
RE: Hope burns eternal...67 Don 11/24/2000 02:20PM
Very unique 54 Benno 11/23/2000 12:13PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.