RE: Want Headbangers ball back?
Posted by: Robert ()
Date: November 21, 2000 08:21AM

You're just wasting your time and efforts. MTV will not bring back "Headbanger's Ball", not for any reason. As I said in an earlier post: we now have VH1's Rock Show which plays metal/rock videos and airs every Friday night. MTV has also created an entire channel for rock fans and headbangers. It's called MTV-X and they play videos from Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, 3 Door Down, Rob Zombie, etc. They play old and new (you'll even catch videos from Winger, Warrant, and a ton of other MTV "hey-day" rockers).

Besides, MTV knows that in the world of cable TV, it is virtually impossible to pull a decent rating. They have shows like The Real World and WWF Heat that pull in great ratings. Videos don't have that effect. The only videos MTV will play now are Top 40 acts and established artists. The days when MTV was used to break new artists have come and gone. I'd venture to say that hundreds of thousands of rabid Britney fans storm their TRL website to vote for the new video. If you think that the few thousand (?) people that will partake in this unified effort to bring back a show that will do nothing for MTV and its ratings will make a bit of difference, you are mistaken. Sad to say, but we don't control what we see on MTV, we never have. The corporate suits that run the station (and teenage girls) dictate what we see on MTV. It's always been that way. We have to live with it.

In the mean time, I suggest you call your local cable operator and ask about getting MTV-X in your area. It isn't exactly Headbanger's Ball, but it's as close as we'll ever come to it again. Then log onto VH1.com and request videos for Rock Show on Fridays. At least they will listen. The more popular these shows/channels become, the more they will be mainstream.

Robert

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Want Headbangers ball back? 96 Rock 11/21/2000 06:37AM
RE: Want Headbangers ball back?71Robert11/21/2000 08:21AM
RE: Want Headbangers ball back? 62John Q11/21/2000 01:25PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.