RE: USA "Arrival" will get xtra songs???
Posted by: Kevin ()
Date: November 21, 2000 06:33AM

Rocker Chic wrote:
-------------------------------
Hmm, I'm all for the more "rockin" stuff, but I have to admit that I'm not too thrilled with getting "World Gone Wild" added. Sure, it's a very rocking song, but lyrically (and I only heard it once, so don't shoot me!) it didn't sound very different or interesting. I found it kind of mediocre when I heard it live. Please bear in mind that no matter how much I *love* a band, it is always possible for them to write something that I don't like, so don't attack me! ;-)

to an extent, I kinda agree. The chorus was killer, but I remember thinking the verses needed to be fine-tuned a little bit. It will give the album a bit of a kick though since it's heavier than anything else. At least they didn't put "good time tonight" on the cd---I thought that was very boring.

What I wish they *would do* is put "Remember Me" from the Armageddon soundtrack on the new album. That song is fantastic and sadly got competely ignored by radio when the soundtrack came out. Maybe if it is placed on their own album and their record company can finally get the control to release it as a single, it will get the attention that it deserved (I suspect whomever was in control of the soundtrack had the control of what got released). I heard from a record-store-owner friend that several people were walking in asking for that CD just for the Journey song!

well, it's will definitely be on my customized version. Drop Kiss Me Softly, and I'm Not That Way (INTW will probably be the one that gets dropped since very few people are gonig crazy over it), add in the rockers and RM and you have about the perfect Journey cd, IMO.

Kevin

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
USA "Arrival" will get xtra songs??? 108 Pelpa 11/19/2000 10:48PM
RE: USA "Arrival" will get xtra songs??? 66 Kevin 11/20/2000 05:43AM
RE: USA "Arrival" will get xtra songs??? 70 Rocker Chic 11/21/2000 05:22AM
RE: USA "Arrival" will get xtra songs???73 Kevin 11/21/2000 06:33AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.