RE: What happened to Dave Bickler?
Posted by: Kevin ()
Date: November 19, 2000 05:56AM

koogles wrote:
-------------------------------
What happened to Dave Bickler...the voice (and beret) of Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger", arguably one of the defining moments in AOR? He went off the radar ever since Survivor's 1993 Greatest Hits CD. Anyone have any idea if he's recording, performing, in another band? I was listening to Survivor's "Summer Nights" the other day and just realized how good his voice sounded.

THANKS
koogles

well....he was touring with Survivor from '93 until late last year when they re-hired Jimi Jamison back as lead vocalist for the start of the 2000 shows. You would have had a Survivor cd with him on vocals sometime during the 90s except for the problems that plagued the band (the lawsuit with Jamison over who owned the name and then Jim Peterik leaving the band). They recorded over 50 some odd demos, which I might say are some of the best they have done, but the only song that got released after the Greatest Hits package was "Seconds Away" which was played on a radio broadcast in late 1999 along with an live acoustic (only Dave and Frankie) version of "Rebel Girl". Not sure what he is doing now though since JJ is back in the band.

Kevin

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
What happened to Dave Bickler? 97 koogles 11/19/2000 12:27AM
RE: What happened to Dave Bickler?79 Kevin 11/19/2000 05:56AM
I was in contact... 59 Andrew 11/19/2000 09:05AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.