My two cents worth..
Posted by: exnewyorker ()
Date: November 19, 2000 06:09AM

Yes, all good points from all of you! MTV will only go where the money is, and if they were to "resurrect" Headbangers Ball it would be all 90's fag rock like Limp Buttfuck,Korn,Papa Roach, etc. I guess these network assholes feel there is no need for a "retro" video channel, which I find amusing. VH-1 will be selling out early next year to cater to the current teenybopper set. I can see their empire falling fast, as their core audience was people in their late 20's-mid 30's. Big mistake!!!

I remember about five years ago when MTV aired its 80's metal weekend along with the premiere of its hair bands "Where Are They Now" show. I recall reading that their ratings were the highest they'd had in FIVE YEARS!!!! What does that say??? Their corporate idiots are fucking blind!!! Take a clue morons....

Riki Rachtman is a lame-braned idiot who is to blame for the death of his own show. While bands like Winger,Warrant, etc. were still putting out decent albums, he would promote shit bands like Love/Hate and Circus Of Power. Obviously what was to become the "grunge" generation was mesmerized. So, you can guess which bands got the record sales & which didn't...

What would really be cool is if "Euro" labels such as MTM, Z, Frontiers, etc. put their heads together and offered some kind of video show. It could be done online or whatever. I'd had no problem at all paying a REASONABLE fee to download these vids if that were the case. There's plenty of great bands out there that could use the exposure.

The way I see it, nothing is going to change in the MTV camp, unless teased hair and spandex become fashionable again (cross your fingers haha!). But, for now at least we have the web to keep us up to date on all things AOR (thanks Andrew!) and some great online CD vendors who never give up the faith & support "The" music...

Cheers,

Mike

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
For anybody who wishes to annoy MTV 92 Kieran 11/18/2000 10:16PM
RE: For anybody who wishes to annoy MTV 61 Susumu 11/18/2000 10:46PM
Would it matter?..... 66Kris11/19/2000 03:00AM
RE: Would it matter?..... 70 Tinger 11/19/2000 03:45AM
A little addition 85 Kieran 11/19/2000 04:43AM
My two cents worth..65 exnewyorker 11/19/2000 06:09AM
RE: My two cents worth.. 66Surfpunk11/19/2000 10:17AM
RE: My two cents worth.. 67Gav11/19/2000 11:19PM
RE: It already exists... 63 Don 11/20/2000 10:01AM
It already exists--MTV-X... 66Robert11/21/2000 12:28AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.