RE: WINGER-DOKKEN
Posted by: Rocker Chic ()
Date: November 22, 2000 02:09AM

<i>I've been wanting him to rock out again and it'll be cool to see what they come up with for a follow up to Pull. </i>

Here, here! Reb Beach is one of my favorites! Even though I am a big Dokken fan from way back, I think that I'd rather see Reb rejoin Winger instead of sticking with Dokken indefinitely.

Lemme 'splain... I've seen numerous Dokken shows over the years and I can certainly say that they've put on some fantastic ones. However, I have to confess that I thought the last few shows that I've seen of theirs have been major disappointments. Reb and Jeff certainly never fail to deliver and offer a solid, clean, and professional performances, but I can't say the same for Don. His voice seems to be degenerating a bit and his stage presence and manner has been getting more and more laxxed. I'm all for a band having fun on stage, but he (and sometimes Mick) seem to forget that they're not in their 20s anymore and their cock-rock, bad-boy attitude just doesn't cut it on stage anymore.

They have the potential (especially with the addition of Reb!) to return to one of the great melodic/metal bands that they used to be. When I saw them perform at the Poison show (Hi, Kieran!) right between Slaughter and Cinderella (who I was never a fan of to begin with), I was never more disappointed with Dokken. I've always found Slaughter to be a tight, fun band, but never thought of them in the same category as Dokken, yet I found their set much classier and mature than Dokken's. Then, on comes Cinderella, and even though I have a low tolerance threshold for Tom's voice, I found them and their performance to be outstanding! I'm truly afraid that the days of Dokken may be over sooner than I thought they'd be.

That is why I'm pretty stoked about Reb getting back together with Winger. Kip has a wonderful talent for singing and songwriting, and seems to have grown and matured nicely in the business. My favorite Winger album is Pull and I'd also love to hear what they can come up with. Both Reb's and Kip's talents are the kind that endure and evolve, yet seem to always stay true to their core. Maybe the distance and the growing that the guys went through will make for some of the best music they've ever made yet.

I'm up for it! :-D

Rocker Chic

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
WINGER-DOKKEN 94 ADOLFO 11/18/2000 08:08PM
RE: WINGER-DOKKEN 66Ace11/19/2000 01:12AM
RE: WINGER-DOKKEN 66Steve, Denmark11/20/2000 08:53PM
RE: WINGER-DOKKEN 58 Ace 11/21/2000 12:32AM
RE: WINGER-DOKKEN57 Rocker Chic 11/22/2000 02:09AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.