RE: Journey is going to fix arrival!!!!
Posted by: Whynot ()
Date: November 15, 2000 01:48PM

I agree that there is nothing wrong with the album but I gotta admit that it needs more "umph". I have been a fan from the addition of Perry on and I love Infinity, Evolution, Departure etc. I yearn for the days when Perry and Rollie shared the vocals. Having said that, there is no doubt that Escape was an absolutely awesome album. Since then, I have had mixed reviews about the band and there have only been a few tracks that have given me that "feeling" in the depths of my soul that "WOW, THAT IS JOURNEY".

I remember the first time I heard Separate Ways on the radio. I felt it then. The shivers up and down the spine. The hair on the back of the neck standing up. Unfortunately ROR had, in my opinion, no such tracks. After the decade long hiatus, I got that feeling again with Message of Love off TBF. Unfortunately, that was the only track that had it.

That brings me to Arrival. I got the feeling with Higher Place but not really with any other track ... until I finally heard the Japanese bonus track To Be Alive Again (what a amazing tune). Therefore, I, for one, would love for them to rework the CD and add a couple more of these powerful rockier (if that's a word) tracks that instantly register as "classic" Journey. I want more of the shivers. Bring it on.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Journey is going to fix arrival!!!! 93 Yaka 11/15/2000 03:58AM
RE: Journey is going to fix arrival!!!! 67Robert11/15/2000 06:02AM
RE: Journey is going to fix arrival!!!! 61Kris11/15/2000 06:09AM
RE: Journey is going to fix arrival!!!!54 Whynot 11/15/2000 01:48PM
RE: Journey is going to fix arrival!!!! 58 joemo5 11/15/2000 10:42PM
RE: Neal Confirms 65 Cat 11/16/2000 10:06PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.