RE: Hardline bonus track......not happy!!!
Posted by: Robert ()
Date: November 14, 2000 12:04AM

The fact that the Japanese fans get an extra track on certain (many) albums has been contested for some time. I believe it has to do with the prices of CDs in Japan. In order to sell more overseas, many acts add a track not available on the domestic version of the record. I'm not quite sure though. I agree with you that there is a definite problem when that extra track sometimes turns out to be the best song on the album. Aside from the Journey and Hardline CDs, there are hundreds more that would have benefited in the U.S. and Europe if they had that extra song on the record. Unfortunately, I don't think that there's much we can do about it. It's been going on for years and it does serve its purpose. Not only is the album going to sell in the U.S. in its domestic form, but it will also sell as an import. I know that I, and many others on this board, own two versions of many different albums (i.e. Harem Scarem...). I guess it's something we just have to deal with.

By the way, I think that not only is the Hardline record some of the best melodic rock I've ever heard, it's also some of Schon's finest shredding. I love the album from start to finish (with or without the bonus track). I don't think I'd be on this board or into this music if it weren't for albums like Double Eclipse.

Robert

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Hardline bonus track......not happy!!! 114 brent 11/13/2000 09:56PM
RE: Hardline bonus track......not happy!!!69Robert11/14/2000 12:04AM
RE: bonus track......not happy!!! 74 Lynchbox 11/14/2000 07:03AM
RE: Hardline bonus track......not happy!!! 67 sfk kurt 11/15/2000 02:49AM
RE: Hardline bonus track......not happy!!! 87Peter M. Bietenholz11/14/2000 05:52PM
Bonus Tracks - classic example 75 Benno 11/17/2000 01:55PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.