Hardline bonus track......not happy!!!
Posted by: brent ()
Date: November 13, 2000 09:56PM

Just downloaded the Hardline bonus track (thanks Andrew!) and the fact that things like that don't make general release albums pisses me off. I bought the Hardline album years ago as it had reached "classic" status according to a lot of scribes. I disagree and (although it's an above average album),would not rate it anywhere near being a classic album. I have probably listened to it 4 or 5 times since I've had it and find more than half the tracks pretty standard and rather un-melodic. (eg Life's A Bitch...how can this be classic??). Doesn't come close to what Neal Schon has done with other side projects (eg Jimmy Barnes) Anyway,I'm straying from the point I'm trying to make.

I've just downloaded what I DO consider to be a very good track ("Love Leads The Way") and it's the only track I'm missing from the album I forked out my money for. At least thanks to Andrew I can listen to it on my computer in mp3 format,but I don't see why only the Japanese market should have access to what,in my opinion,would have to be one of (if not THE) best tracks on the album. Seems to be the same with the latest Journey Album too.Why do the record labels feel obliged to do this for the Japanese market??

Anyway,I'll stop rambling. Does anyone agree/disagree with what I have said here??

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Hardline bonus track......not happy!!!153 brent 11/13/2000 09:56PM
RE: Hardline bonus track......not happy!!! 84Robert11/14/2000 12:04AM
RE: bonus track......not happy!!! 96 Lynchbox 11/14/2000 07:03AM
RE: Hardline bonus track......not happy!!! 86 sfk kurt 11/15/2000 02:49AM
RE: Hardline bonus track......not happy!!! 114Peter M. Bietenholz11/14/2000 05:52PM
Bonus Tracks - classic example 101 Benno 11/17/2000 01:55PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.