RE: Now & Then / Frontiers News - 9 Nov 2000
Posted by: Mark Ashton ()
Date: November 10, 2000 08:44AM

Dear Sharky,

>I had a great time at the Gods show on Saturday,

Well, you`d never have guessed that from your initial post which was one of the first up here having a go at the show. Or at least, it came over that way.

>but felt I had to post re the claim that the show was a sellout. Granted the show >was a success , but two of my friends payed to get in at 7pm, my Girlfriend at >8:15pm and then 4 of our friends at 9:30pm.

So what? As the event went on till almost 3 A.M. what has someone getting in at 9:30 got to do with it selling out after they got in? We were told by the owner of the club that as far as he was concerned the event was an `official` sell out. I`ll take his word if you don`t mind.

>Being a regular at Maximes I am very sure that the venue was not sold out
>as attendance was virtually the same as the first Friday of the month.

And this absolute statement of nonsense proves that you don`t know what you are talking about. When THE SNAKES played at MAXIMES it was waaaayyyyy more packed than any first friday and THE GODS was waaayyyy more packaed than it was for THE SNAKES. I should fucking know. I`ve only been going there since the very first night it opened when the club was called Tiffany`s and as I did Dj there for a long time, I know that the attendance on the first friday of each month is between 4 - 500 people. If you honestly think that there were only 500 people in there on saturday then i bow to your superior mathematical skills. But, let`s open it up to the others who where there. 500 or more, let the people that were there decide. I`ll just carry on banking the money which was for over 700 tickets sold before the day and I haven`t even been to collect the money taken on the day or through ticketline yet.

>Why hype it when there is no need, great show enough said.

No, hype is when you build something up and can`t substantiate it. I have never done that. If we say an album is the biggest selling album or that a show sold out then that is what it is. I can prove it with sales figures and facts, unlike some other people`s claims. We know that TEN`s "Babylon" album is the biggest selling melodic rock album in the UK this year by a long way. That is not hype, it`s a fact. If someone doesn`t like TEN then it doesn`t make the fact any less true. We know that THE GODS sold out. Just because you have no concept of crowd sizes doesn`t make it any less true.

Bye for now,
Mark

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Now & Then / Frontiers News - 9 Nov 2000 143 Peter Sims 11/10/2000 04:22AM
RE: Now & Then / Frontiers News - 9 Nov 2000 76Sharky11/10/2000 07:31AM
RE: Now & Then / Frontiers News - 9 Nov 2000109Mark Ashton11/10/2000 08:44AM
RE: Now & Then / Frontiers News - 9 Nov 2000 89Sharky11/10/2000 09:34AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.