The Gods/ Reaction
Posted by: Kieran ()
Date: November 09, 2000 10:56PM

I am in agreement with Mark Ashton's post down the board that you can in no way please everybody with the Gods line up and if you don't happen to like a particular act, then chill and grab a beer or some food and come back later, or even better give the act the benefit of the doubt and actually watch them live , you would never know you may even like them.I know I went to this years show, not being a fan of Street Legal but after seeing them live it has made me dig out their cd again for a listen, they were really good.
As for negativity , well here we go again......it's so unbelievable that we (the fans and organisers alike) have to listen to soooooooo much bullshit from people with tiny minds intent on spreading rumours or telling complete untruts relating to either particular bands or indeed particular events.I don't know how many e mails and phone calls I had from people before the Gods saying Two Fires were not performing because of Kevin's back problems......it was never the case....why not check the facts before posting..most people do.Sound quality is always a great one to bitch about...well this year it was excellent throughout and far superior than last year which was at times too loud ...but hey it's rock and roll....it's meant to be loud.Some people will always moan about something because they basically have a talent for it.The silliest moan of the day I heard was a guy complaining that the Sign line up should have been the same as played on the album.......I mean lets be serious....they were awesomeanyway....were Bobby and Billy going to make that much of a difference....no but still some asshole had to complain.The fact we still have events like The Gods or ZRock is a major plus as far as I am concerned because frankly , if we were waiting for a promoter to bring over some of these bands we would be waiting for a very long time , and even if a promoter did bring over some of them we would probobly have a shitty support act , so what was it again.....10 top class melodic hard rock/aor bands .. on the one bill for £20 ......that to me represents REAL VALUE for money , and you know what,I can actually say that because I,like so many others still regard it as value for money even though we have to lay out for flights and accomodation etc. etc. To say that the Gods does not come up to scratch is a serious joke. Mark , from all serious rock fans that still care about the music thanks for going to the bother at least we appreciate it.....to those apathetic bastards that lurk and criticise at every available moment.. go and F**K right off, you are no loss to anybody and the 'scene' would be a lot better off without you negative comments and nit picking.......roll on ZRock 2001 and the Gods 2001.........Kieran

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
The Gods/ Reaction113 Kieran 11/09/2000 10:56PM
RE: The Gods/ Reaction 69 DJ Klaus 11/09/2000 11:20PM
RE: The Gods/ Reaction 75 sfk kurt 11/10/2000 01:12AM
RE: The Gods/ Reaction 84 DJ Klaus 11/10/2000 03:07AM
RE: The Gods/ Reaction 74Surfpunk11/10/2000 04:46AM
RE: The Gods/ Reaction 78 Carl 11/10/2000 05:34AM
RE: The Gods/ Reaction 84Tony M11/10/2000 10:32AM
RE: The Gods/ Reaction 76 Stimpy 11/12/2000 12:57AM
RE: The Gods/ Reaction 85Tony M11/12/2000 12:43PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.