RE: Johnny Lima set and THE GODS in general
Posted by: Sharon ()
Date: November 08, 2000 10:38PM

Dear Mark

Thank you for replying to this message I know how busy you guys are over there at Now & Then. I am not slagging you off at ALL for the day which quote I said was great, I have been a regular at the Gods for many years, I appreciate the fact of how long it takes to organise such an event, I know the venue was sold out, it was a truly awesome day, considering as you say the circumstances. We were impressed.
The point I am trying to make is that why do you have to have so many bands on together, the day is so long, by the end of the day i did notice that there were alot of people who had simply had enough and left, which is dissapointing, because they were exhausted and tired from being there all day, if there were problems with bands sounds or lights then there was very little time to rectify the problem, which is a pity for the band playing at the time and for the band due on next. I agree that £20 for the bands that played is good value -outstanding even, and I think its stupid to comment that maybe you would put 1 band a day on and charge £20! as it was with the one day I would say a majority of the people (80 - 90%) there paid large sums of money for the ticket, accomadation,travel, food, CD's (compulsory!) we alone spent something in the region of £100 on your CD stall alone,thats without the other bills - which I must stress we are extremely happy to pay because we want to see the bands.

An Idea for you why dont you get some of your bands on a small tours of the UK throughout the year, that way lots of other people get to see them too, who maybe cant afford to do such gigs as the Gods through lack of funds. Maybe the fans should vote for who they want on the next bill - one band the most popular band voted for, the fans would feel as if they have had a say in who they want to see.

I do genuinely take my hat off to you as you do an excellent job and bring fantastic music to millions. Maybe I am on my own here with these thoughts and I am wrong I am only one person. Maybe other fans will comment.

I would like to thank you for taking the time out to reply to me this shows me your dedication to the cause and I'm honoured you found the time.

Sharon

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Gods 2000 Video? 115 Aaron 11/07/2000 08:44PM
YES PLEASE !!!!!!!!! (np) 72 Mats 11/07/2000 09:51PM
RE: YES PLEASE !!!! The Johnny Lima Bit !! 79 Sharon 11/07/2000 10:52PM
RE: YES PLEASE !!!! The Johnny Lima Bit !! 67 Rogue 11/08/2000 02:41AM
RE: YES PLEASE !!!! The Johnny Lima Bit !! 71 DLindland 11/08/2000 04:18AM
RE: YES PLEASE !!!! The Johnny Lima Bit !! 93blm11/08/2000 05:49AM
RE: YES PLEASE !!!! The Johnny Lima Bit !! 78 Sharon 11/08/2000 07:11PM
Johnny Lima set and THE GODS in general 87Mark Ashton11/08/2000 10:04PM
RE: Johnny Lima set and THE GODS in general68 Sharon 11/08/2000 10:38PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.