ZRock 2000 , a very brief sort of review
Posted by: Kieran ()
Date: May 02, 2000 09:20AM

Well we made it back in one piece, what a great day's entertainment, Danny Danzi was magic, I occasionally
have had my doubts about him singing only because he concentrates so much on playing that it must be
incredibly hard to concentrate on both , but all my doubts have been dispelled.....I have never heard him sing
with so much power and passion as he did on Somewhere lost in Time.....a killer solo in Love me or leave Me
,even integrating Sabbath in the middle of another tune, and the mans fingers were literally flying up and down the
fretboard on everything else, a great performance and boy had he a right to feel pleased!!!!
Savannah were a marked improvement on last year when their backing vocals were extremely poor , possibly to
partying a little too hard pre show, however this time round no such mistakes, Earl was in fine form and Dario
even let rip a few times....most improved performance without doubt, the new material is also really cool , pick
of the bunch an up tempo rocker (the titlew eludes me right now)that deviates a little from the Savannah sound
and sounds more like it came from the classic Slyboyz album 'Good time Music'...more please!!!!
Anb so to Vaughn , well literally judging by the massive roar that greeted the band on stage all they had to do
was fart and they would get a standing ovation, the returning heroes were back......BIG TIME.Bad Water ,
Wings , Shadowland, Word for Word, Burning Down Inside , Standing Alone , and for the older fans Black and
Blue and Heaven Tonight from the Waysted days drove the crowd into a frenzy...as for the sing along sections, I
really had trouble hearing Danny sing Standing Alone as the crowd just drowned him out on every word.The
finale of Forever Young simply confirmed that Vaughn are quite simply a different class as they sent the crowd
absolutley wild......they came , they saw , they conquered and did it all with a panache that most other bands
could only dream about.Personally I got to talk to Danny over a few coffees and what initally was meant to be
an interview turned into a long fireside chat during which we talked about everything under the sun, I can
honestly say that he is without doubt one of the most genuine people I have had the pleasure to meet,and can he
terll a road story?????he should write a book.
The message board had a good turnout , Peter M, Luigi, Tony M(who with his own band Contagious had a very
impressive debut)Phil 1 , Fred Monster ,Danny Danzi and myself leading the way.It was nice to see the faces
behind the names (well except Tony M's!!)Hope toi see everybody again soon......no chance of the Gods any
sooner??????????Kieran
For the record Push were quite good (a little too much bottom end on a few songs),these guys sound so like White Lion its unreal!!!
Seven Wishes , very solid, best dressed band of the day (killer version of Dokken's Unchain the Night also)
24K , not my cup of tea , but seemed to go down well enough.
Damned Nation,.....missed them but everybody seemed to be very impressed by them.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
ZRock 2000 , a very brief sort of review211Kieran05/02/2000 09:20AM
RE: ZRock 2000 , a very brief sort of review 133 Andy Bright . 05/05/2000 03:38AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.