Pomp Rock
Posted by: Joe ()
Date: November 01, 2000 11:10AM

OK. I admit it. I was alive and into rock music during the glory days of pomp rock, but I missed the whole thing. I was a loser into mainstream rock, pop music, and NWOBHM at the time.

Is there any encyclopedia of pomp rock that I could purchase or any web site out there that covers the entire genre - including the truly obscure and self-released stuff? I'm just insanely curious. I always liked the pompier stuff that made its way into the mainstream, and lately I've been buying up some of the bigger name reissued stuff. I'm familiar with the stutterzine site and heart of the rock, but I'm looking for some kind of exhaustive, everything you'd ever want to know about every damn pomp rock band in history.

Is Stephen, the unashamed king of all pomp and hater of all modern AOR, still reading this board or has he moved on to more pristine and pompier pastures?

Where, oh where, do pomp freaks hang out on the net? Or have they all died from suffocation resulting from their synthetic shirts getting tangled up into their monster afros?

If you are a pomp fan but not a pomp master please respond with a list of every pomp band you know anyway. I'll incorporate your list into mine. Thanks.

Joe

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Pomp Rock149 Joe 11/01/2000 11:10AM
RE: Pomp Rock 77 Carl 11/01/2000 09:53PM
RE: Pomp Rock 80 Eric Abrahamsen 11/01/2000 10:11PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.