Re: Pet Hate/Alistair Terry/Wow!!...
Posted by: Don Schneider ()
Date: January 27, 2010 08:46AM

Rob Evans/Powerplay magazine wrote:
>
> Bloody hell, somebody else that's heard of Pet Hate and
> Alistair Terry. LOL!
>

I stumbled upon "Bad Publicity" back in the day, when everyone would just show up at record stores looking for something new and great. At first, I wasn't too impressed, and neither were my friends. But, after repeated spins, it really grew on me. I find some of the melodies to be just amazingly haunting. Particularly "Cry of the Wild," "Stale Lipstick," and "One Step Ahead." If I play the album, one of those three tracks will be lodged in my head for days (daze?!) afterward.

I have this album in LP format, but that doesn't do me much good, as I just never listen to LPs anymore. About 98 percent of my music library has been loaded onto my computer, and that's how I listen to music most of the time. My wife REALLY doesn't share my taste in music, so I either plug in the headphones, use my iPod, or listen to CDs in the car or while at work. LPs just don't fit into my life or my schedule in any way. To be honest, I am COMPLETELY astonished that so many visitors to the board are apparently still buying vinyl. I mean, to each their own, but I just don't get it. MP3 format is so convenient. (I guess I'm lazy!) If I want to hear something, I just type in the title on my computer or dial it up on the iPod. My record collection is simply collecting dust and taking up space in the basement.

> Neither of them have been released onto CD as far as know,
> i'm sure there are boot's out there...but nothing official.
> As to whether they'll ever get reissued onto CD? I doubt it,
> but you never know these days. I've got good quality CDRs of
> the PH stuff if you need them?
>

I will definitely email you regarding the CD-Rs. I have been waiting since the invention of CDs to replace my Pet Hate vinyl with CD version. And I've never even heard "The Bride Wore Red." Perhaps I'll have something in my collection that you've been looking for.

Thanks so very much!!!
Cheers,
MooseMan

NP - "Mirror Man" - Prism: "Over 60 Minutes With Prism"

> I have to say i was a big Pet Hate/Silverwing fan and thought
> that PH were superb. "Wreck The Radio", indeed!
>
> Rob
>
>

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Pet Hate/Alistair Terry... 216 Don Schneider 01/27/2010 04:33AM
Re: Pet Hate/Alistair Terry... 211 Rob Evans/Powerplay magazine 01/27/2010 06:37AM
Re: Pet Hate/Alistair Terry/Wow!!...200 Don Schneider 01/27/2010 08:46AM
Re: Pet Hate/Alistair Terry... 132 arenean 01/27/2010 06:48AM
Re: Pet Hate/Alistair Terry... 90 Rob Evans/Powerplay magazine 01/27/2010 06:49AM
Re: Pet Hate/Alistair Terry... 92 Tony Bainbridge 01/27/2010 06:54AM
Re: Pet Hate/Alistair Terry... 109 Rob Evans/Powerplay magazine 01/27/2010 07:48AM
Re: Pet Hate/Alistair Terry... 169 Andy (London) 01/27/2010 10:20AM
Re: Pet Hate/Alistair Terry... 124 gary191265 01/28/2010 03:29AM
Re: Pet Hate/Alistair Terry... 129 gary191265 01/28/2010 03:30AM
Re: Thanks Gary... 108 Don Schneider 01/28/2010 03:08PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.