Rage Against the Machine loses vocalist
Posted by: Rogue ()
Date: October 20, 2000 01:00PM

from KNAC.com:

Zack Leaves the Machine Citing Ongoing Breakdown In Communication

TIM COMMERFORD, TOM MORELLO AND BRAD WILK Rage members Tim Commerford, Tom Morello and Brad Wilk released the following statement this morning regarding singer Zack De La Rocha's departure from the group: "We're proud of our history and what we've accomplished musically and politically over the last 9 years. We are committed to continuing with our efforts to effect change in the social and political arena and look forward to creating more ground breaking music for our fans. In other words, we'll keep it loud, keep it funky and most definitely rock on...."

Zack De La Rocha released a statement this morning (Wednesday, Oct. 18), that he is leaving his band Rage Against The Machine. He blamed his departure on "an ongoing breakdown in communication among the band's members." His statement confirms the rumors of their breakup that have been swelling for weeks. The rumor mill began churning when De La Rocha announced he was recording a hip hop solo album.

De La Rocha's statement reads: "I feel that it is now necessary to leave Rage because our decision-making process has completely failed," he said in the statement. Zack went on to say, "It is no longer meeting the aspirations of all four of us collectively as a band, and from my perspective, has undermined our artistic and political ideal. I am extremely proud of our work, both as activists and musicians, as well as indebted and grateful to every person who has expressed solidarity and shared this incredible experience with us."

Responding to Zack's statement, Rage guitarist Tom Morello told MTV News Wednesday afternoon that he agrees that "the decision-making process has broken down for everyone. I have no hard feelings, and we wish Zack well with his (solo) project. But everyone is excited about the 29 tracks that (Rage) have in the can, and some of it will be released in the fall."

Rage still plans on releasing their upcoming live album and DVD.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Rage Against the Machine loses vocalist136 Rogue 10/20/2000 01:00PM
RE: Rage Against the Machine loses vocalist 89 sfk kurt 10/21/2000 12:07AM
RATM/Steven Tyler 77 Rogue 10/21/2000 02:17AM
RE: RATM/Steven Tyler 100 sfk kurt 10/21/2000 02:54AM
RE: RATM/Steven Tyler 76 Rogue 10/21/2000 07:58AM
Great news! 72 eighty four 10/21/2000 08:02AM
RE: Rage vocalist new group...... 66 Lil Al 10/21/2000 10:07PM
RE: Rage Against the Machine loses vocalist 98Tony M10/23/2000 01:00AM
Mars Electric 98 Rogue 10/23/2000 02:52AM
RE: Rage Against the Machine loses vocalist 72 DJ Klaus 10/23/2000 05:27PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.