Coupla oldies
Posted by: Benno ()
Date: October 18, 2000 12:07PM

The postie also brought me a couple of oldies this week, again, single spins for both so first impressions'll have to do.

Motorhead - Overnight Sensation

My love affair with Motorhead strengthens with this, what a bigass dirty straight-up wall of sound slab of rock'n'roll this is. Fair dinkum, if my stereo gets any more punishment like this its going to blow up. I'm over the moon with this, wish I had've discovered their material alot earlier in the piece. Lemmy's vox and messy muddy bass compliment the durge of sound pounding out, the rythm crunches along in the background while a melody sits on the top tying the whole thing together. Meanwhile, I've lost neighbours three houses down and the local police have become very good friends. Favourite tracks are the title track and "Broken", am I the only one that likes these guys' newer material? Please say no...
Conclusion - KILLER!!!

Great White - Let It Rock

Great White get a pretty fair rotation at Hardradio, every now and then they'd throw on "My World". Was hard tracking this disc down but now its in my house I'm a happy camper. Having said that - and I'll use the immortal words of Motorhead here just caus' I can - perhaps "the chase is better than the catch". My World is the opener and of course the reason for the purchase, it sounds great on a real stereo instead of the wmp stuff. As the album continues though I'm getting the impression of a polished AOR effort here as opposed to the blues-rock these guys usually get on with. Hhmm, perhaps I should spin it again soon to make sure, but this is really soft stuff, and hence a disappointment. I've heard a couple of tracks off the new album - St Lorraine and Rolling Stoned - they sound great, perhaps I should invest in that and put "Let It Rock" behind me? Any other opinions here?
Conclusion - divorce will come easier then marriage

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Coupla oldies128 Benno 10/18/2000 12:07PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.